dieting funk

Options
Hi I've been on here for about a week and never wrote anything. I workout with the treadmill for an hr 5 days a week. I'm always under my calorie deficit and yet I gained a pound . I'm not understanding what's looking for help please

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week. Fluctuations always occur day-to-day or week-to-week, so you'll never lose 100% of the time. Keep going with what you're doing and if you don't start losing within 3-4 more weeks, then you'll need to look into what you could be doing wrong.
  • lacechisolm890
    lacechisolm890 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If the treadmill is new you are holding extra fluid to help facilitate muscle repair. As your body becomes accustomed to the work this water will dissipate.
  • Ellasdream
    Ellasdream Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's right, sometimes when you up your physical activity your body will retain a bit more fluid so the cake may say you've gained but if you're consistent you will see results! Don't give up!!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Water weight. /thread.
  • Ellasdream
    Ellasdream Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ellasdream wrote: »
    That's right, sometimes when you up your physical activity your body will retain a bit more fluid so the cake may say you've gained but if you're consistent you will see results! Don't give up!!

SCALE not cake haha!!! Interesting auto-correct! :blush:
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about the cake! Anyway, I agree that weight is not constant every day, so just keep up the good work a few more weeks and see where you are. You'll probably see the scale move by then. How do you have your profile set up as far as activity? In a lot of these threads, people say they set their activity level at sedentary to make sure they are advised to eat at a calorie deficient. Then, as they log exercise, they eat back some of the exercise calories which get added onto your daily goal amount. That may help later if you think your daily calorie goal is set too high.
  • lacechisolm890
    lacechisolm890 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have it as active thanks so much for the help really appreciate it