Skinny Teatox ?

Options
has anyone tried or know someone who tried the skinny teatox ? Im back at losing weight, and read some good reviews online, but thought id ask people who I can believe what they have too say. Can't believe everything you read online these days.

Thanks in advance !

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Just no. It's a laxative. If you wouldn't go to the pharmacy and buy some ex-lax to abuse for weight loss, don't buy "skinny" tea.
  • meghanduprey
    meghanduprey Posts: 158 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't think many people would recommend something like this
  • crystal5478
    crystal5478 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input , I figured I would ask in here because every where online was positive, I knew there was some negative behind it. I'm still new to this so any advice is great.
  • adora85
    adora85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a version of this I got from Amazon. I have IBS, so I use to get things *moving* when I have a flare up. I only drink it 3-5x per month when i am having tummy troubles.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Good rule of thumb - if it promises you weight loss above and beyond what you would get from eating less calories than you burn in a day, don't bother. There are no magic pills, teas, cleanses, detoxes or anything else which will do anything but lighten your wallet.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Good rule of thumb - if it promises you weight loss above and beyond what you would get from eating less calories than you burn in a day, don't bother. There are no magic pills, teas, cleanses, detoxes or anything else which will do anything but lighten your wallet.

^^^This^^^
    Mu daughter tried it, didn't help with weight loss at all

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

or if it has the word "skinny" in it just avoid it….
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

What about skinny popcorn ?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried or know someone who tried the skinny teatox ? Im back at losing weight, and read some good reviews online, but thought id ask people who I can believe what they have too say. Can't believe everything you read online these days.

Thanks in advance !

Reads reviews online and doesn't trust them. Goes online to MFP to ask internet strangers what they think.

Huh.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

Popcorn is rotund. I've never seen skinny popcorn unless my kids spilled a drink on it, in which case it was pretty nasty.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    This is another tea just like fitlicious tea, tiny tea, her tea, bootea, etc.

All a waste of money and time. It's laxatives with a high amount of caffeine. NOT something I'd be consuming.

Matter of fact, in Australia these diet teas were just rated in the top three WORST fad diets of 2014.

Word of advice, if a company is paying for shout outs on Instagram from fitness pages and has an unprofessional website, it's probably a scam. If it's something other than diet and exercise saying it causes weight loss, it's probably a scam.

Good luck on your goals op! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just another laxative with a cute name.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Sh!tea, teatox.
  • HeySwoleSister
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I bet that is not a sentence you ever thought would have a context.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

Popcorn is rotund. I've never seen skinny popcorn unless my kids spilled a drink on it, in which case it was pretty nasty.

234f13u2uqd8.jpg
  • HeySwoleSister
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

234f13u2uqd8.jpg

The words say skinny, but the photo tells a different tale.

STOP BODY SHAMING THE POPCORN. IT IS MEANT TO BE ROUND AND LUMPY.
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Try drink dandelion root tea. It's can help clean your body out the same way. However after a day I recommend stopping and only using when you need it. Those teas promote weight loss but really just force crap out of your body instead of actual fat. Save your money for healthy food instead.