Closet eater

Options
Hi all :-) I have lost and maintained an 80 pound weight loss for the past three years. I am recently struggling with a sharp increase in my closet eating as I call it. I could use some support from anyone who also experiences this or who has traveled a similar road. The idea of undoing all my hard work is terrifying but my comfort in food is so huge! Thank you :-)

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    What's more important, the momentary "comfort" or keeping at the level you've worked so hard for?
  • losclrk
    losclrk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I restarted today to track how much I eat. I could lose if I didn't eat Cadbury eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • wanttodance4211
    Options
    I had a local friend for a while that went to the gym with me, and we encouraged each other in our diets. But she relocated, and I've had no motivation since then. Is it possible to motivate someone over the internet? Giving this a try again
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This is my struggle as well! When my boyfriend is out of the apartment, I just eat and eat and eat and it's affecting my weight loss and progress! Would low to be friends on here and support each other. Feel free to add me :)
  • psgypsy
    psgypsy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I go through this also. You just have to stay on track and if you have a bad day, try to pin point your trigger and start over the next day. It's hard. You look so good and have done a great job. You can keep moving forward.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I think about this:
    What you eat in private, eventually you wear in public.
  • dianna1286
    dianna1286 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I go through the same. Usually I'll make tea or drink lots of water until I forget about it. some times it works some times it makes it worse. Lol anyone can add me
  • fudie
    fudie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    im with you! i lost over 50 lbs a few years ago. i was so happy. i got a puppy and gained it all back. since then i have tried to loss the weight but my closet eating is counteracting my exercise and healthy eating. i know i have a problem with my closet eating. i some times dream about what i would get at the drive through or when i have the house to myself i plan everything i am going to eat. i know its bad but for a moment i am happy. ive been really trying to remember how happy i was when i lost the weight as motivation to be honest with my meal log and find other things to make me happy than food. i would love to be friends with anyone else going through an addiction.