Belly fat

Options
I've had 2 kids, I'm 31 years old, 5'1" and before joining myfitnesspal lost 34 lbs. But since I've been on myfitnesspal I've only lost 1 lb. I dont know whats going on. Another thing is it seems like the more I loose the bigger/looser my stomach gets. I only have 15 more lbs to loose and I havent lost a lb in 2 weeks. I even tried including monounsaturaed fats in my diet which is supposed to target belly fat and nothing :(

I workout 5 days a week. I usually do cardio every day (spin 2x a week), pilates 2 times a week and weight training 2x a week. Right now I'm frustrated. I used to slip up on the weekend so I started tracking carefully on the weekend. Nothing! What do I do?

Replies

• dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Readjust your caloric intake. Perhaps think about changing up your workouts, or even taking a few days off. It could also be sleep, or rather lack thereof
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    yea its weird because when I workout I earn calories. I'm not sure how many I know myfitnesspal does the calculation. But I can never eat that many calories (healthy calories) I get way to full off of the food I eat. Mostly protien, veggies and whole grains. Its very satisfying.

I tried taking a couple days off of the gym just to eat the minimum amount of calories and the scale went down. I guess I could buy one of those hr monitors. Does that work for weight training or just cardio?
  • MizzFitness
    MizzFitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have much much experience with this myself & have done loads of research. Let's chat. I'll send a friend request. It can be many things. Not enough calories, temporary while your body adjusts to new workouts/eating, adding muscle under the fat, adrenal fatigue, low thyroid, lowered metabolism by too much dieting.... but there is HOPE!!! :)
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on this site discover they aren't losing because they aren't eating ENOUGH... you have to make sure you are netting at least 1200 calories a day or you won't see the scale move...
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Dumb question... how come you say in here you're 31, but your profile says 18?
  • ItsLessOfMe
    Options
    I dont know about the profile thing....let me check but yes Im 31:smile:
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Even after I exercise I try and stick with my calorie intake if I wasn't exercising. My calorie intake is set at 1640 and try and keep it around there, the added calorie allowance from exercising just allows me to have a treat once in a blue moon. I can't imagine trying to eat as many calories that MFP is telling me to eat after I exercise. I think I would explode!

I'm looking for some more buddies if you would like.

Just keep going at it and don't give up! :)
  • ItsLessOfMe
    Options
    k I'm new to this thing but I'll be your buddy. I'm suppose to eat about 1200. I usually earn enough to eat between 1,300 and 1,600 according to myfitnesspal but my fitness instructor was saying she burns about 800 in one class so I'm not sure if the calorie counter is really accurate on myfitnesspal.

I just want to start loosing again