weight loss plateau

Options
Hi folks looking for some tips, recently been stuck at the same weight for the last three weeks. I have not gained or lost a single pound. Last week when I saw I was the same weight I decided to knuckle down, I worked harder, I ate better, and this morning after a good 1100 calorie burn I was confident Id be down, but nope. Exactly where I was the last two weeks.

Now about me
Im a 42 year old male
I have lost 45lbs so far in the last 6 months with still 50 to go.
I work out six days a week
I do free weights and cardio every day but every weight day is a different part of my body

I dont know what else I should do. Its so damn effin frustrating to work so hard week in week out and to see that same number.

Oh yeah I only weigh myself at the gym, so its not the scales.

Thanks

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,628 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are 6 weeks or more of no weight movement while being CONSISTENT in diet and exercise. Any small change in that consistency wouldn't make it a plateau.
    So it's a stall and normal with many on weight loss programs. Key is just to stay consistent. Many try to increase intensity and that will usually also increase water retention, which is why they don't see much change the next week on the scales.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    What is you cheat day? Could it be more than recorded?

Also your exercise looks high as in over estimated. But I'm no expert.

Also your fit but adjustments seem large. Have you set it to sedentary but are really very active?
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So I changed my routine. More strength work and less but harder cardio. Still under my calories as always yet weight today was still exactly the same as last three weeks. So when does it go from a stall to a plateau ?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You have a fitbit and you're adding exercise on top of that? You're double dipping dude!