stuck in the middle with you

Options
so I started at 147 lbs, which was way too much for my tiny frame. At first when I began to eat healthy and exercise the weight fell off an I was happy trying on my adorable little medium sized tops and receiving gushing compliments from friends and family who noticed. Now I'm completely stuck in the 120's and confused. I'm currently shooting for 100 lbs, which suits my small frame, and as a consequence, only have 20 something lbs to lose. Well I'll be darned if those twenty something lbs aren't sticking like molasses in a honey jar. I keep fluctuating around the 120's, never dipping below and never shooting above 130. Those ten little numbers are evil and I keep seeing variations of them every week, some below (122, 124, 121) or some above (127, 126, 125) however, dipping below 120 isn't working. Have I plateaued? Is my body just done? What in Sam's hill is even going on? And who's Sam?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How old/how tall are you? And how long has this fluctuation been occurring? We need a lot more information.
  • susanlouise
    susanlouise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I have been plateaued about 20 pounds from where I want to be too - for about a year! Actually, the weight is still going down but very slowly! I think there are several possibilities: for some people, at some times, you just plateau and start up again after a month or so. Sometimes you have to tweak your calories or exercise to keep the weight loss going. I am losing a pound a month or so at best, eating "right", and I really don't want to cut my calories further. So I am going to just assume that staying with my good habits will lead to good results over time. And maybe I don't make it down to where I wanted, but that's ok too.
  • malibu927 wrote: »
    How old/how tall are you? And how long has this fluctuation been occurring? We need a lot more information.

I'm about to be eighteen in a little more than a week and i'm currently four foot seven inches tall. Quite small for my age but I've always been. And the fluctuation seems to be occuring forever but that might also be because I got myself stuck in a starve/binge cycle a while back that prolonged this completely and it's hard to break out of. But I'm getting there
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Sam Hill was a businessman in the late pioneer days of the Pacific Northwest. He was an advocate of infrastructure and responsible for building roads, the Peace Arch and the Maryhill museum.

I have no advice about the plateau. I also need to lose 20 more pounds, but I have a much larger frame size.