Seem to be eating to much fat, Help!

Options
I am eating very healthy and tracking every tiny thing, but my fat is so high ( all healthy fats ) but still I don't know how it's so high, what do you eat that gives you protein with out a lot of fat. I love all nuts, avocados, cool with olive oil never really eat cheese, drink low fat almond, hummus ect. You get the point. How to get more proteins and less fat and more fiber ??

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Nuts and avocados are high in fat. Isn't it clear from your diary (which is closed, so we can't tell)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Kidney beans. But fat doesn't make you fat, and as long as you're getting enough protein and fiber, you're not going to be hurt by being in the red on fats.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with exceeding your fat if you're still in a calorie deficit. Many people on here try to hit both fat and protein every day.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    SarahJobe wrote: »
    I am eating very healthy and tracking every tiny thing, but my fat is so high ( all healthy fats ) but still I don't know how it's so high, what do you eat that gives you protein with out a lot of fat. I love all nuts, avocados, cool with olive oil never really eat cheese, drink low fat almond, hummus ect. You get the point. How to get more proteins and less fat and more fiber ??

What are your macro percentages?

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've been hovering around 100g fat on most days lately, it hasn't stopped my weight loss, or more to the point, it hasn't made me gain . Excess fat wont make you gain weight, only excess calories can do that :)
  • SarahJobe
    SarahJobe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to un hide yarwell, would be glad to if somebody could tell me how i07bv6isk6r3.jpg
  • SarahJobe
    Options
    Ok great thanks! May calories are fine
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    beef...chicken...fish...tofu...beans...
    go for the lean stuff.
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Chicken & fish are great sources of lean protein- grilled, baked...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I freaked out a bit when I saw how high my fat grams were, but apparently it's A ok :smile:
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Many people look at the fat as a minimum. I always exceed my fat, some days by quite a bit, but it hasn't hindered my weight loss as long as I stay within my calories. Contrary to popular belief, fat does not make you fat.
  • SarahJobe
    Options
    Today is my first day keeping track of everything and I kept it pretty normal, other then did not go to the gym today. However I still have 300 calories left and just got done eating dinner
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Add in some fruit and whole grains to bump up the carbs a bit, then go for the lean protein first, and add in the fattier proteins as snacks to fill in the rest of the protein and the fat. Do you like yogurt? Try some Greek yogurt, maybe go to 2% fat instead of full fat.

It takes a while to get into the swing of things and balance out your macros. Don't worry about it too much right now. Go for staying at or slightly under your calorie goal and work on the macros little by little. In no time, it will almost become second nature.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I eat a ton of fat. I don't know why...it seems to be my "thing." I go over on my fat "recommendation" every day. Am losing steadily and feeling very healthy and well, and my most recent bloodwork was very good.

I know that's just me, but if it tastes good to you, allows you to stick to plan because you feel satisfied, and if you don't have a health concern that requires you to moderate your fat per your doctor's orders, is it that big a deal that you go over on fat?
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Eat all the fat you like. Extra fat doesn't make you fat. Just keep within your calories, eat what fills you up (which should mean you are eating healthy foods) and try to get all your macros :)
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Fat, sugar, bread, doesn't matter. It's all calories. Just stay in a deficit.
  • SarahJobe
    Options
    I did buy some no fat Greek yogurt today and thought about having that tomorrow for breakfast with some banana, walnuts but is that enough protein in the morning if going to work out?
  • SarahJobe
    Options
    Still can't figure out "good" amounts of carbs because I have always been told carbs I what makes your tummy bloated and keeps you away from abs
  • erikgoya
    erikgoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Food is food. Its all the same if you keep to your macros.
    The only reason to keep away from food that makes you bloated, is if you happen to be wearing a tight pair of pants, or going for a workout.

Just figure out your TDEE and BMR, choose a number in between, and eat to that amount of calories.

Repeat after me:
    Carbs are not bad.
    Protein is not bad.
    Fat is not bad.

Just eat in moderation and you should be fine.
  • SarahJobe
    Options
    What is TDEE and BMR?