Just because I'm a mommy of two doesn't mean I have to accept being chubby! Time to get it BACK! ;)

Options
hey everyone! I'm brand new to fitness pal but I am beginning a new healthy journey for myself. I am tired of looking at old pics & reminiscing about how good I USED to look before I had children! My confidence level is not where it used to be & I want that back! My problem is staying motivated! I'm sure that a lot of you all can relate! I'd love more buddies that are on the same page!

Replies

• jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat! I have 2 boys, and I spent a long time full of excuses. This is our time! I lost 50 pounds 2 years ago and about 20 has come back so here I am. Congratulations on being here.
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You are in the right place. You are taking the first step towards health and fitness and looking good. And you are right, just because you're a mommy doesn't mean you can't look great. Having babies can take it's toll on your body, so just hang in there and don't give up. I am much older than you and I have 6 children, but we never get too old to want to look and feel good. I'm on the same journey as you. Best wishes to you!
  • NaturalBeautySS3
    Options
    @jordanify I can DEFINITELY relate when you say you were full of excuses & I happy for your 50lbs loss! I'm sure you will get that 20 off no prob! You've done it once & you'll do it again ;) thanks for the motivation!
  • NaturalBeautySS3
    Options
    @karen0214 you are such an inspiration! Thank you for the encouragement! And best wishes to you as well!
  • briggs0212
    Options
    I understand completely I have 2 boys and never lost the baby fat from the first plus I love chocolate and cake. I'm finally to the point where I hate looking at myself. On top of that I'm getting married next year and I don't want to be a fat bride even though my fiance loves me no matter what. This is my first time using fitness pal but for the past month I've been eating healthy. I'm ready to be healthy and fit and feel good in my skin again.
  • mahagony0279
    mahagony0279 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Tonya and I'm new here.... looking to get healthy for myself, I wanna still be able to run around with my kids and grandkids in 5 yrs
  • NaturalBeautySS3
    Options
    @briggs0212 and I am right there with you!!! I can see we have the same type of goals in mind! You are going to be a beautiful bride & look AWESOME! I'm happy we are both on the same journey! Best of luck to you!
  • NaturalBeautySS3
    Options
    @mahagony0279 welcome!!! As I'm sure you've read, I'm brand new here as well & so far I love it! It's so motivational & informative. Plus it keeps you in line! I can definitely relate when you say you want to keep up with your kids & grands. I have two small kids so I definitely want to be able to run around & keep up with them as well. Lately it has been hard to do that with the extra pounds but I'm fighting to get rid of this mess!!! I know you will be a victor in your fight as well! Best of luck in your journey honey!
  • hazelmagic76
    Options
    I gave birth to four kids and raised two more, recently I reached my limit of 200lbs...so I decided to get real with myself and get to where I need to be..so far I lost 9 lbs in two weeks. I have a lot more to go. Barely have any friends to follow on this app..