Anyone out there starting Kayla Itsines BBG?

Options

Replies

• juliestetz
    juliestetz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have started this too! I just finished the 4 weeks of pre-training and started Week 1 this week. Haven't seen much results after the pre-training, but I do feel stronger so Im hoping te results will pick up soon.
  • Bayounette
    Options
    I'm on my last week! Can't believe i am finishing the 12 weeks program. And I will keep going as it helped me get so much stronger :smile: however nutrition wise I haven't been that great so i will keep going until i see those baby abs coming out :)
    Do you guys know if someone has been putting the BBG guide exercises on myfitnesspal to keep track of the calories burned?
  • stixandstones
    stixandstones Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would make sense to put calories because everybody burns a different amount doing those exercises depending on how hard they push themselves, their weight, sex, height, etc.
  • AlineJames
    AlineJames Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone starting Kayla in April?
  • kellipanda
    kellipanda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    AlineJames wrote: »

Hello, hi, hey. Yes me!
  • zaizix
    zaizix Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    kellipanda wrote: »
    AlineJames wrote: »

Hello, hi, hey. Yes me!

And meeee! I'm so excited but scared sh*tless! If anyone else is doing it, let me know :)
  • lycheenmango
    lycheenmango Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow with the kayla movement :). I'm starting with the four weeks of pretraining though, has anyone else done that?

I also started the pre-training week 1 today i.e 4/6 :) Couldn't do more than the basic numbers of reps in 7 minutes ... it is hard but hopefully I will build more stamina in the coming weeks :)
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm starting Week 3 of pre-training tomorrow!! Would love to join in on the support since there's such a long road ahead! :) I found the pre-training to be great, I was able to complete both Week 1 and Week 2's circuits twice as much in the time kayla gives to do all 4 circuits once. I feel like they have definitely prepared me so now when I add weights in this week I can push hard instead of just starting out and getting fatigued easily.
  • rkellhunt2015
    Options
    Hey! I was going to start tomorrow. I wasn't sure if I should do the pre-training first or just jump in! But now seeing your comment about the weights... I think I'll do the pre-training. I mean it doesn't hurt.
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    Yeah I definitely recommend the pre-training! Seemed silly to me at first but then I figured "hey I paid for all this why not use the extra 4 weeks" and it pays off!! First week was hard but second week I was noticeably stronger. Its hard to push through circuits when you start off with weights because it just puts more pressure on your body if it isn't ready for that intensity yet. Plus there is some slight physical changes I noticed already after just 2 weeks. I'm starting week 3 pre training today. Good luck :)
  • kate_willow
    Options
    Hi there! I have just started week 2 of pre-training and so far so good. I want to buy some of the whey protein isolate that Kayla mentions in her H.E.L.P food guide, does anyone have any recommendations of UK protein powders?
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    I'm not sure about UK specific powders but I use a hemp protein powder !! Its organic and vegan. In my opinion I'd stay away from whey if you can! The simpler the powder's ingredients, the more you'll know about what's going in your body!!
  • staythin4eva
    staythin4eva Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was wondering... starting which week do you start seeing some results...
    I'm on WK3 but no major difference yet...
    Also, for LISS, im just walking from and to work... would that be enough or do I have to do something else?
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    I'm only on week 4 PRE TRAINING and I see results!! I think it depends on how fit you are to begin with. If you have a lot of fat to lose you won't see extreme results until at least a month or so. & for LISS, if you can fit in an extra 35 min walk at the end of the day that'd be ideal but if you are really busy, using the walk to work as LISS is fine as long as your heart rate is moderately up. You should be breaking a slight sweat but not enough that you can't talk and walk comfortably:) if you have any questions feel free to mssge me!
  • itsmeGennie
    itsmeGennie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm only on week 4 PRE TRAINING and I see results!! I think it depends on how fit you are to begin with. If you have a lot of fat to lose you won't see extreme results until at least a month or so. & for LISS, if you can fit in an extra 35 min walk at the end of the day that'd be ideal but if you are really busy, using the walk to work as LISS is fine as long as your heart rate is moderately up. You should be breaking a slight sweat but not enough that you can't talk and walk comfortably:) if you have any questions feel free to mssge me!

That's so awesome! I'm starting pre-training today! Add me! it would be great to encourage via insta too!
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    Kk requested :)
  • DeterminedBexxx
    DeterminedBexxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ill be doing a mix of the BBG and lifting/running
  • abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

That's so awesome! I'm starting pre-training today! Add me! it would be great to encourage via insta too!

Hey guys! I actually finished the guide last week and restarted it this week. The results are crazy! Best work out I have ever done and it really changed my life. And I totally agree about insta, it really helped keep me motivated. Feel free to add me and let me know if you have any questions! =]
  • sister83
    sister83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    abb117 wrote: »

Hey guys! I actually finished the guide last week and restarted it this week. The results are crazy! Best work out I have ever done and it really changed my life. And I totally agree about insta, it really helped keep me motivated. Feel free to add me and let me know if you have any questions! =]

may i know whether you did power walking for LISS? I dont have access to a gym and it rains very often in my country. was wondering what kinda LISS i can do to substitute power walking.
  • abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    sister83 wrote: »
    abb117 wrote: »

may i know whether you did power walking for LISS? I dont have access to a gym and it rains very often in my country. was wondering what kinda LISS i can do to substitute power walking.

I did most of my LISS on a treadmill actually. It is hard to substitute that for something else if you can't go to a gym or walk outside. I would recommend Googling what other options are out there