Favorite 15 min abs/belly fat work-out?!

Options
I would love to hear your suggestions for a great, but not time consuming, belly/fat melting abs work-out, or favorite abs exercises! I'm a SAHM in my late 40's. Have been losing weight successfully, but the belly is the main residual! Not necessarily interested in acquiring a 6-pack...but sure would like to get rid of the flab :) Look forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    If you're currently losing weight - keep doing what your doing.

Spot reduction is a myth.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Fork put downs and plate push aways

In all reality the biggest thing you can do to reduce fat, to include belly fat, is a cal deficit.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Alas there is no such thing as spot reduction. Best bet is to have a good overall fat reduction plan that includes some cardio and strength training. These dauys I don't do any dedicated ab work, I find that a lot of my strength training and yoga covers it.
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    While spot reduction indeed doesn't exist, gaining muscle in the abdominal area will help the loose skin hold better, the fat to spread over a larger and more defined area, and will generally make the body look better. So keep losing weight, and make sure to exercise (whatever suits you best; I personally use an ab roller) and keep your protein levels high, so you can at least maintain your abdominal muscle, and maybe even have some small gains/recomp.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies! I should have specified: I am not looking for a magic bullet spot reducer. My cals are already down--already doing the "fork put downs and plate push aways", doing zumba and overall calisthenics. Just wanted to know if anyone has a fun short routine they like that concentrates on abs. :)
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You should check fitness blender, there are a ton of workouts that target the core. Free.
  • zeinmr
    zeinmr Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would recommend squat and deadlift. they are the best compound exercise and I notice result especially they help in reducing fat.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Running
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    15 minutes of anything. You can't spot reduce, outside of surgery
  • crhoads1024
    crhoads1024 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    AbRipperX does a wonderful job of shaping the entire abdominal section of your body. It is 16mins if you keep up with the video and it will leave you sweaty and breathless even after you have been doing it for 3 months. To make it more challenging you can add ankle weights to keep it pushing you and making you stronger.
  • eisterunicorn
    eisterunicorn Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    AbRipperX does a wonderful job of shaping the entire abdominal section of your body. It is 16mins if you keep up with the video and it will leave you sweaty and breathless even after you have been doing it for 3 months. To make it more challenging you can add ankle weights to keep it pushing you and making you stronger.

This is my ab workout! Yes! :)
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hanging leg/knee raises, getups, farmer walks, ropes, sledgehammers.
  • Jax_30
    Jax_30 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You should check fitness blender, there are a ton of workouts that target the core. Free.

Love Fitness blender for cross training....
  • neogramps
    neogramps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    As other people have said, only diet will reduce the fat - you might be unlucky and your belly is your last place to go.

But if you want to have well developed abs underneath try:

Hollow holds gymnasticswod.com/content/hollow-body
    Hanging leg raises http://bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/hanging-leg-raise
    Seated leg lifts https://youtube.com/watch?v=sBhQxMfpuJU
    L-Sits https://youtube.com/watch?v=IUZJoSP66HI
    Planks
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I used to do the Denise Austin super stomachs vhs. You can possibly find it on dvd
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Or go onto ebay and look for ab exercise dvds
  • hanymamdouh
    hanymamdouh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My favorite core exercises are
    1. Hanging Leg Lifts
    2. Planks
    3. Side Planks
    4. V-Ups
    5. Russian Twists
    6. Farmers Walk

You can pick 3 exercises and do it in HIIT per session
  • teatime256
    teatime256 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oxycise 15 minute workout!!! ( oxycise.com )
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    my favorite 15 minute belly fat reducing exercise is the 15 minutes i take every day to plan out the next days meals and log them in to make sure i'm in a calorie deficit.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    barre 3. 10 minutes to an hour each day.