Might as well say hello!

Options
I've been on MFP on/off for over a year but never have introduced myself. So I'm a registered nurse that lives on a farm in Mississippi. I am married with a 4 year old daughter. Almost two weeks ago I started the DASH diet and I also use MFP to track what I'm eating. After one week on DASH I lost 7.2 pounds! I have about 3 days left on phase 1 of DASH. I stay pretty busy but I'll post when I can :)

Replies

• Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome. If you wish to be friends - feel free to friend me.

I had great success with MFP back in 2010. I'm looking to lose 40 pounds.

:)

• sprickersprecker
    Options
    That is awesome on your weight loss! I have been on mfp on and off for awhile as well. I am looking to lose 70lbs and so is my fiance. We are beginning to practice portion control as that is our worst area. We are quickly discovering better food means better portions!
  • sprinttrack
    sprinttrack Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP on/off for over a year but never have introduced myself. So I'm a registered nurse that lives on a farm in Mississippi. I am married with a 4 year old daughter. Almost two weeks ago I started the DASH diet and I also use MFP to track what I'm eating. After one week on DASH I lost 7.2 pounds! I have about 3 days left on phase 1 of DASH. I stay pretty busy but I'll post when I can :)

Welcome! I'm an RN, too. Congrats on your weight loss thus far! I'm always looking for new friends to help me along with my journey. Friend request sent!
  • Savvy_Mom
    Savvy_Mom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have been on MFP for quite sometime and have not participated much in the social aspect of it. I recently got serious about my weightloss after gaining more then I originally weighed when I first started. I have lost 11 lbs over the last three weeks. Congrats on your recent loss!! I hope your journey towards a happier, healthier you continues to be successful!
  • mossyoakcwgrl
    mossyoakcwgrl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Thanks for the welcome and encouragement! I forgot to add that I have 102 pounds to lose. I'm 5'9 and a healthy weight for me is 168 lbs.
  • Lisa_0527
    Lisa_0527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. Feel free to add me for support. Best wishes to you!
  • mossyoakcwgrl
    Options
    Thank you! Friend request sent :)
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hey you!!! :)
  • mossyoakcwgrl
    Options
    Hello :)
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hello, nice to meet you! Congratulations for the progress! :)
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrats on your weight loss. It can definitely be tough. I've never really introduced myself either so... I'm a college student (major undecided, haha). Lost 64 pounds in the span of almost 2 years (was hell but worth it). I'm debating whether to lose a few more but anyways if you need any health or exercise tips I'd be glad to help.
  • mossyoakcwgrl
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I think I'm going to start walking and eventually start running. I'm apple shaped so I'm working on trying to get this spare tire away from my stomach! Bleh!
  • amyrtrammel
    Options
    Want to use community as well. Added mfp to work w jawbone tracker. Looking for accountability / support.
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    Options
    Want to use community as well. Added mfp to work w jawbone tracker. Looking for accountability / support.

I'm looking for jawbone "accountability pals too! Friend Me :)
  • Drag0nTears
    Drag0nTears Posts: 14 Member
    Options

RN here also. From Meridian, MS with 2 awesome babies at 9 and 7 years old.

Congratulations on weight lost so far!
  • Never_Quit32
    Never_Quit32 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    HI I AM PRETTY NEW HERE, FEEL FREE TO FRIEND ME.
  • TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, just decided to start the DASH diet myself. You give me much hope with this post. Feel free to friend me. Live in Iowa and I am a grandma, married and I work part-time.
  • kellythewriter
    Options
    I'm 32 (on the 17th), 5'8.5", single, live in Connecticut. Started at 165 but want to get down to 140. Highest was 179 (caused by Depo shot and chemotherapy). Currently at 153.8. I very much dislike exercising for the sake of exercising, which makes it hard to motivate myself. I don't get that rush of euphoria that most people get from working out. I get my exercise from going to the gym (ugh) and taking martial arts classes (yay!).
    My main motivation is losing my Dad. He died in a motorcycle accident in May last year. We are almost certain that the accident was caused by a medical emergency he had while riding. And I can almost assure you that it was directly related to his weight. He was over 400 lbs when he died and had been for quite some time. I was told that he had complained of having trouble breathing earlier that day, so he loosened the strap on his helmet. When he hit a curb, his helmet fell off and he fell off the bike, striking his head on a curb. It was the head injury that directly caused his death, but the accident wouldn't have happened if he had taken better care of his body. The last time I spoke to him was three days before the accident and he told me he was finally going to enroll in a residential weight loss program. He was very excited at the prospect of getting healthy again. He waited until it was too late. This is my main motivation. I don't want that to happen to me. Mental health is a big thing too. In addition to diet and exercise, make sure to see a counselor if you are depressed. It will help so much with your motivation and quality of life!
  • mossyoakcwgrl
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing your stories and keeping me motivated!! My clothes are a lot looser, and I weigh in tomorrow morning. I've been cheating here and there but I'm trying to stick to the DASH diet as close as possible. Hope everyone is having a successful week!!
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing story. Feel free to add me :)