Heart Rate Monitors

Options
I have been looking at the suunto HRM with a watch but there are that many different ones in the suunto range I don't know which one to go for can anyine recommend one please

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    It depends what activities you do ... what other sensors you want to connect ... etc.
  • claireholden37
    claireholden37 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I run, cycle, walk and circuit train bit of everything so that's why I thought if I had a HRM it will work out how many calories I burn for any of these activities. I currently use strava on my phone to Measure the distance and time
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    HRMs estimate caloric burn. For running and cycling they can come close ... everything else, not so much.

The Ambit is the Suunto multisport watch. It does running, cycling (to include cadence/distance/power meter integration), swimming in pools and open water, etc. The difference between the Ambit 2 and 3 includes which protocol used to communicate with the HR strap. Some include barometric altimeters, some rely on GPS (difference between the peak and S) ... the R versions are running specific without the additional sport capabilities.

dcrainmaker.com has a comparison tool of the different watches.