Lost 43 lbs

Options
So I lost 43 lbs and I feel great but sometimes I get so lazy . I need motivation!

Replies

• angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know motivation can be a problem, but just think about how hard you have worked to get here, you don't want to lose that. Reward yourself with a new pair of jeans and give away a bigger pair. Every time you do that, you get rid of "fat clothes" that you don't want available for you to fit into again!

If exercise is the problem, try doing something different that is fun. Take a tennis lesson or something!
  • agarc3y
    agarc3y Posts: 4
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »
    What was your starting weight
    I weighed 150, I have a very small frame I'm only 4'11. I am currently at 107 and at a healthy weight. I went from a size 7 to a size 1 in a year
  • agarc3y
    Options
    tlmeyn wrote: »
    Congratulations! I know motivation can be a problem, but just think about how hard you have worked to get here, you don't want to lose that. Reward yourself with a new pair of jeans and give away a bigger pair. Every time you do that, you get rid of "fat clothes" that you don't want available for you to fit into again!

If exercise is the problem, try doing something different that is fun. Take a tennis lesson or something!

You're right maybe I need to do something that I enjoy more rather than running on the tredmill. I drag at the gym and I probably need to change things up .i also loved the idea of donating my bigger clothes. Thanks for the advice !!! :)
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The only way I ever get motivated is by special occasions coming up, I have a birthday party to go in July, I'm 145- I want to be 130 by then.
    And I will award myself with the iPhone 6. Only if I lose that much weight.

• urgley
    urgley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I signed up to the Jessica Smith emails, a different work out every day keeps your body guessing and your mind interested! Slogging away at the gym doesn't sound good!
  • syedumairtelecom
    syedumairtelecom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have to maintaine weight but do to excessive workout and not proper diet i think i hve losen some just need a good buddy help me out :-).
  • jenniferjohnsonament
    jenniferjohnsonament Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I HATE the gym...I HATE machines. I admire those who pound it out though! :smiley:

If you have a blu ray player you can stream youtube for free with a lot of service providers. I look up different workout types when I'm bored...victorias secret workouts, Brazilian booty, ab dance, etc.
  • agarc3y
    Options
    Thank you all for your helpful suggestions you all are awesome !
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    does your gym have classes? I love to exercise but I'm so lazy about actually doing it so I pre-pay for 3x classes a week and get the rest in by walking far instead of taking the bus. The pre-paying thing is what gets me there.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss!!

My reward for achieving my weight loss was upgrading my YMCA membership to include the whole family (i.e. ME) not just my daughter, new workout gear (I didn't have any) and a new gadget (garmin vivofit + HRM) because I love gadgets. Holy cow! I spent all that $$, so I'm going to use it!!

I really don't like exercise classes (can't stand being barked out by the instructor), so I've just done my own thing, and I've LOVED planning my own workouts much more than I expected.

I think the secret is to just get your butt to the gym in the first place. However you manage to do that is going to be very personal. I know some people only leave the house in the morning in their workout gear (they pack their work clothes in a bag the night before, so it's a real hassle to take them out in the morning), or only go home in the evening via the gym. I workout while my daughter has swim practice, so I'm going to be there anyway.

Oh and get rid of any clothes which don't fit you NOW! You don't need them. You won't ever need them again. And this way your closet will be clearer and cleaner.