I need to do better

Options
I keep forgetting to log in what I eat!! Got to do better than this,

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Are you planning your food in advance? I log my meals in the morning. Then I can work on filling the gaps. Planning is key!
  • logancoggins9
    Options
    Yes, its just me rushing to get breakfast cook, daycare, for my son and work and school it easily slips my mind to log my meal in
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if it matters to you, make it a priority
  • logancoggins9
    Options
    Thanks, but I do my best
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    just gonna leave this here...

"Instead of saying "I don't have time" try saying "it's not a priority," and see how that feels. Often, that's a perfectly adequate explanation. I have time to iron my sheets, I just don't want to. But other things are harder. Try it: "I'm not going to edit your résumé, sweetie, because it's not a priority." "I don't go to the doctor because my health is not a priority." If these phrases don't sit well, that's the point. Changing our language reminds us that time is a choice. If we don't like how we're spending an hour, we can choose differently"
  • tthoma5201
    tthoma5201 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Do you have the app on your phone? It's easy to log your calories if you do.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you should spend 15 minutes every night to pre-log the next days foods.
    just gonna leave this here...

"Instead of saying "I don't have time" try saying "it's not a priority," and see how that feels. Often, that's a perfectly adequate explanation. I have time to iron my sheets, I just don't want to. But other things are harder. Try it: "I'm not going to edit your résumé, sweetie, because it's not a priority." "I don't go to the doctor because my health is not a priority." If these phrases don't sit well, that's the point. Changing our language reminds us that time is a choice. If we don't like how we're spending an hour, we can choose differently"

this.
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Even if you find that you've forgotten to log what you ate days ago, make it a point to go back in and log it as best as you can. You have to make this a habit, and the only way to do it is to be accountable to yourself.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I usually log breakfast, lunch, and daytime snacks the night before. It only takes a few minutes before bed. That way, I know how much wiggle room I have for supper and evening indulgence and plan accordingly
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    quote-every-composer-knows-the-anguish-and-despair-occasioned-by-forgetting-ideas-which-one-had-no-time-hector-berlioz-16507.jpg
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You could try keeping a little notebook or even just a scrap of paper handy and jot down what you eat, when you eat it, and the amount you eat, and then you could go back in the evening when you have a few quiet moments to yourself and log it all.
  • logancoggins9
    Options
    :) thank you, I didn't think of that