Easter Binge

Options
2»

Replies

• BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am, I was up a couple pounds today! So frustrating to see, but I know I made really bad choices over the holiday weekend. A lot of that is most likely water weight you are retaining from eating carb heavy meals & Easter candy. Just try to drink a lot of water these next couple days to flush your system out and hit the gym some to sweat it out. Let's al just be thankful the holiday is over and get back on track! :)
  • MinxyNZ
    MinxyNZ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I went down. All weekend I was salivating and foaming at the mouth. But I was really good. I allowed myself a chocolate egg every night over Easter, I just made sure I had the calories spare for it. I didn't have to go away though, if I had then it would have been a different story!

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter dinners / break. All the food in this thread is making me hungry!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Do the math...you don't gain 4 Lbs of fat over a weekend...again, do the math. Scale weight is more than fat..it was a holiday...an occasion...that's it...
  • faithstimenow
    faithstimenow Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just started seriously counting calories on April 2nd, and did great thru the weekend...but today was bad... I am so glad you shared this, tx. I am back on track tomorrow!
  • lisaknight318
    lisaknight318 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how happy I am to see this thread. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling a bit derailed due to Easter. My cheat "day" started thursday and I still have so many delicious leftovers for the next day or so.
    Luckily I'm not too bothered about chocolate and candy but pasta and cheesy bread and potatoes and so much wine are definitely difficult to pass up. Will re weigh once all the tasty leftovers are gone and I can get back to tracking what I'm eating but I'm pretty sure those 2 kg I've lost are probably right back where they were - the jeans are feeling a tad tight today!
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    By the end of the day, I had eaten somewhere near 2100cals and probably twice that in sodium. I feel awful today and was up 2.5lbs.
  • Christina_BS
    Christina_BS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did not dare going on the scale..... will need to do it tomorrow.
    But I went back on track yesterday, stop chocolate, cakes and other sweets...... increase cardio.....
    I have an appointment with my doctor in a week for weight control. arghhhhh
  • auntyp147
    auntyp147 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Chocolate easter eggs....mmmm YUMMY!! :p
    Hot cross buns .... mmmm YUMMY!! :p
    I indulged over the easter period too. Did not weigh myself today, but I did go on a 3 hour bush trek on Sunday only because the shops were closed so couldn't buy any more chocolate!! I managed to control myself at xmas, but walking into supermarkets before easter with the mountains of chocolate easter eggs and hot cross buns literally in your face got the better of me! Oh well, I reckon it was worth it. I really enjoyed easter this year B)
  • Michelletrk
    Michelletrk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You know your in trouble when you go to your Itallian In-laws house and there is not one veggie on the table, just pastas ( yes multiple types) Meatballs,bread, and oh I won't even mention the deserts! Up 2lbs , time to fix this :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,054 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I was a little bit surprised to see that I lost 0.9 kg (2 lb) over Easter. :)

My husband and I took a trip to mainland Australia so there was a lot of eating in restaurants, cafes and bakeries ... but I tried very hard to make good choices without restricting myself too much. And I did have a few small extra treats.

What helped was the fact that we cycled 115 km + walked 16.2 km over the weekend. For us, holidays are for cycling, mainly, or doing some sort of other outdoor activity. :smiley:
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire white chocolate bunny.

And a pizza.
  • flowerchic2323
    flowerchic2323 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. I'm up 6lbs. Just from the Easter weekend. Still haven't gotten back on track. Yesterday went great!! Last night I think I ate 4 days worth of calories. Not sure why I'm doing this to myself. But I know that if I just buckle down and do it for a week, I can get back on track. Today is a new day and gotta take one day at a time. You can do it. Think of where you were and if you can find the right motivation, getting there will be a piece of cake.
  • goddessheatherr
    goddessheatherr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yup 5 lbs but lost 3 so far. Thank God the next holiday isn't really till July 4th.