Losing the last 10lbs

Options
I'm 24, 5'6" and I started at 152 and weighing 140 now, I want to get down to 128-130. I was eating 1000cals a day for the first 3 weeks to jumpstart and now for the past 6 weeks am eating around 1200 cals a day, doing at least 30mins of moderate to intense cardio and strength training as well, about 5 times a week. In the last couple weeks I have no lost much weight. My question is am I eating too few calories? I eat a ton of protein after workouts and all very healthy food, lots of veggies and lean protein, very few carbs. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    That is a good weight for your height. It will take time to lose the last 10. Won't come off as fast as the first 10. I am 5'6 , 27, currently 153 and working toward my goal of 140. It has been a slow go but hang in there and let the science work :) make sure you are measuring to the tea!! Maybe change up your workout routine or introduce one if you have just been losing on diet alone :) add me for support if you like!!
  • dstein46
    dstein46 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have been working out quite a bit and I know the last 10 will take longer. I just want to make sure I am on the right track with how many calories I am eating! Don't want to be hurting my weight loss by not eating enough (it's hard enough as it isn't!) ☺️
    That is a good weight for your height. It will take time to lose the last 10. Won't come off as fast as the first 10. I am 5'6 , 27, currently 153 and working toward my goal of 140. It has been a slow go but hang in there and let the science work :) make sure you are measuring to the tea!! Maybe change up your workout routine or introduce one if you have just been losing on diet alone :) add me for support if you like!!

• samistarz
    samistarz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    unfortunatley the lighter you get the less calories you burn. I'm dreading it when I'm in to the home run in case I don't get as good results as I have been getting.

I'm 5'5 - started at 178lbs and now down to 149ish. I want to get down to about 120lbs.

my advice - and what I plan to do- is try to exercise that bit more, try to push that bit harder, and get into strength training to tone up to make my body a nice shape too. Hopefully it will work!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    eating too little food will not stop weight loss..

because your diary is closed I am guessing here but I have to think you don't use a food scale and are probably eating more than you think...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    eating too little food will not stop weight loss..

because your diary is closed I am guessing here but I have to think you don't use a food scale and are probably eating more than you think...

+1
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Given your stats, your BMR & calories burned for exercise are not going to be large #s. That means at most you can probably aim for 1-1.5 pounds per week. But realistically, .5-1. That's 250-500 calories a day for deficit. At that low amount, accuracy is very important. Weigh all solids. Measure all liquids. The more you estimate or eyeball, the more likely you are to eat more than you think and wipe out your deficit.

If you don't already have one, get a food scale. Use it for anything solid and log accurately by avoiding generic/homemade entries in the database entered by other people. I'd also suggest up your intake range to 1400-1600, and be careful not to overestimate your burns. I'm not suggesting a higher range because your current level won't result in a loss of weight, but because its more sustainable. And this could take 3-4 months. Or more. 1000-1200 per day is likely not something you'll do long term.
  • dstein46
    dstein46 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I measure all of my food and use the barcode scanner for everything that I don't put a recipe in for. I think I am stuck in a plateau so I plan on changing up the exercise plan and see if that helps me! Thanks for all the support. The first 12 lbs came off so quickly I was hoping for the same with the last 10-12 but I think I have to make some new changes to diet and exercise in order to continue losing.