Anyone tried turbofire?

Options
has anyone tried Chalene johnsons turbo fire?

Replies

• wackyncrazy1
    wackyncrazy1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have it's fun but I'm so out of shape it kills me have never made it through the whole thing yet thinking of starting again.
  • mel2904
    mel2904 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have done it. I loved it...the music is great and chalene keeps you motivated. I usually pull out the Hiit Dvd's when I need cardio and short on time.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Frantic is the best I can describe them. I've only done a few of the HIIT videos but wow she's a nightmare to keep up with. :s
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Love it! It's super fun; I saw great results =) Bear in mind you can't out-exercise a bad diet, and you get out what you put in.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it!! I lost over 25lbs doing it and it was the start of my running track. It boost my endurance through the roof!
  • ashmarie1083
    ashmarie1083 Posts: 55 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I got it over a year ago but wasn't in great shape... it's pretty intense.
    I want to try it again after I lose some more weight.
    35187835.png
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Been wanting to give it a shot... apparently beach body has a streaming service, so I might give it a go on there once I have extra cash.
  • CJBateman81
    CJBateman81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing a turbofire/piyo hybrid workout and I am loving them both. Turbofire is a lot of fun, but is frustrating the first time you do any of the workouts because they are so fast and a bit hard to keep up with, but it you just stick with it and keep trying, you'll get it.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have the set and I like it. Some are hard, some are harder and some are REALLY hard! :D It's kind of a fast paced, kickboxing type workout. I just work at my level for whatever DVD I'm using and as you do it more, you get better at it. There are breakdowns on the moves so if you feel like you're lost you can watch the "new to class" segment but I'm too impatient for that so I just bounce along looking like an idiot until I learn the moves. One of the benefits of doing it at home.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Too choreographed for my liking. I don't like how she transitions into some of the moves as if you already know how to do the move. I spend more of my workout fumbling through a move before getting the rhythm down.......and by time I do, she's on to the next move.
    Also, and this is just my personal opinion, but I just found Chalene Johnson annoying and her voice grating. I've tried both TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme, and wind up checking out after 2-3 days just from the annoyance of listening to her.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    ^ I agree it was too choreographed for me and too cardio based for me to add on top of my Zumba classes but I do the HITT's on occasion.
    I do like Charlene extreme.
  • Kristyann624
    Kristyann624 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire! I had Turbo Jam and recently upgraded. Jam is a little older, but also a slower place. It was good to go from that to Fire because they have very similar moves.

Just don't give up!!! Even after switching to Fire I was behind and felt lost. Keep at it and your muscle memory will get it!!

I find it fun and energizing. At first I thought she was corny, but I've really come to like her.
  • Fitmom120811
    Fitmom120811 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Too choreographed for my liking. I don't like how she transitions into some of the moves as if you already know how to do the move. I spend more of my workout fumbling through a move before getting the rhythm down.......and by time I do, she's on to the next move.
    Also, and this is just my personal opinion, but I just found Chalene Johnson annoying and her voice grating. I've tried both TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme, and wind up checking out after 2-3 days just from the annoyance of listening to her.

Why are you always so negative on every single post you put on myfitness pal??
  • katiequan
    katiequan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it now and actually loving it! I feel great after my workouts and am finally getting out of my frustrating plateau! I have a challenge group starting using this exact program in 1 1/2 weeks if anyone wants some accountability and support!!
  • a_kamille20
    a_kamille20 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am doing turbofire and piyo. I love them. I especially love turbofire in the a.m really gives a nice boost to the energy. :)
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I love turbofire. I started with Turbo Jam and like the faster pace of Turbofire. Now I would consider myself as having two left feet so the beginning was rough. But I've been doing it since Feb for cardio and I am able to get through them now. The music is fun and I like Chalene's style of teaching.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love her Turbo Fire HIIT 30 Class workout and do it once a week.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Is that the new Kindle? ;)
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Love it! If I do not run, a Turbo Fire workout is my cardio. I am highly uncoordinated but you get used to the moves. If it takes you awhile to pick up the moves, it is okay, you just keep moving the best you can and you are burning calories. Eventually you get the cues for the most part.

I did the 12 weeks by itself the first time I got the program but I would not do it without some strength training now. It is pure cardio. I only had the basic package though so maybe the more advanced offers something in the way of strength. My favorite is actually the longest one in the basic set, Fire 55. The songs are fun and the time goes by fast because the workout is actually fun. They do offer lower impact options too if you are not up for jumping around.
  • Fitmom120811
    Fitmom120811 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105765-mays-mission

Here's my newest mays challenge group if you wanna join!!!