Has anyone managed to lose more than 6 Kgs (13.2lbs) in one

Options
Has anyone managed to lose more than 6 Kgs (13.2lbs) in one month? What did you do? Could you please share your diet & exercise routines?
Thank you.

EDIT: I weigh 162.8lbs. Age: 27yrs old. Female.

Replies

• jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    I don't know, what your weight is, but 14 punds in one month is VERY much. Normally 1 - 2 punds is known to be healthy - more might throw your metabolism into starvation mode, and you'll lose much water and muscel.

Why would you want to rush it? Take your time. Do you constantly but with progress. I lost 12 ppounds in about 8 weeks. I never hungred, I never felt bad, because of too much workout.
  • daveanthony
    Options
    I worked out three or four times a week for an hour and kept strictly to about 1600 calories a day, avoiding pasta, bread, and beer
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I did it.
    But it depends on your starting weight, age, and gender.
    If you want to talk, you can add/message me.
  • mircius
    mircius Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yeah, i didnt do anything special..just watched what i was eating, walking every day, a bit of exercise and boom. but it depends on your weight, when you're 200 lbs you burn more calories than at 150
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    I did it and it shocked me. I was only weighing in every 2 weeks since I didnt have scales at home. I am a dancer and was pretty busy with choreo during that time and had recently come off the pill so I think my appetite dropped.

I did 30 day shred, 6 week 6 pack, burn fat boost metabolism (jillian micheals dvds)
    Zumba once a week
    Swimming once a week - 50/60 lengths
    Walked my dog longer
    Walked everywhere
    Free weights every day
    1200 cals and ate back my exercise cals - once I worked out that was what you were supposed to do.

I started at 112 lbs and have been maintaining 98lbs for over 13 weeks now at 1600 cals a day plus exercise cals (also started running) I did not intend to loose that quickly but I feel great and have kept it off no problems at all.
    Hope that helps xxx
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I aint saying it's healthy and I'm not saying it isn't healthy but the best way I know of to lose weight that fast is to exercise ALOT and DON'T eat back you calories. To me eating back calories defeats the whole purpose of exercising for weight loss.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have been losing about 13lbs a month (about 3lbs a week). I eat 1200 calories a day on the days I don't exercise (usually only 1-2 days a month). On the days I do work out I eat back about 1/3-1/2 of my exercise calories (never above 1700 calories). I work out at the least 1hour a day on days I work and usually 2.5-3 hours on my days off. I mostly do cardio; elliptical, walking/jogging and hiking and do some strength training (1-2 times a week), just 5lb dumbbells I have at home and yoga or pilates. Feel free to add me as a friend or message me.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a lot to lose this is a pretty ambitious goal.
    I started at 92 kg and have been steadily losing about 1kg every 10 days, so that's about half the speed you are after. The good thing is that is has been consistent, so for me this is the right speed.

Good luck with finding what works for you, but don't beat yourself up if you don't lose this fast, as long as the scale is going down towards a healthy weight, you are on the right path.
  • kristofferbas
    kristofferbas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25 kgs in about 3 months. The first month was about 10 kg, and the 2nd and 3d both were about 7-8. I did weight 150 kg when I started this adventure, and I never did any exercise, so I think I shocked my body quite bad when I started walking four times a week. I really didn't do anything more special than start exercising and a bit later i found mfp and started counting my calories using the iPhone app. I also eat less (much less) than I did before, and I'm now much more educated about what's good too eat and whats bad (much thanks to mfp). I don't eat out at restaurants at all (not yet anyway) and I cook better and healthier food at home (and I also think it's quite fun to cook for myself now, that's something I hated to do before).

I do still eat Ice cream and cookies, I just don't do it everyday anymore, and I don't eat an entire package :)

/k
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I aint saying it's healthy and I'm not saying it isn't healthy but the best way I know of to lose weight that fast is to exercise ALOT and DON'T eat back you calories. To me eating back calories defeats the whole purpose of exercising for weight loss.

If you take the time to find out how MFP works then you would understand that eating back your calories does not defeat the purpose.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I did about 7kg in my first four weeks, but then it was my first month and before I started I literally sat down all day and ate rubbish as well as having a high starting weight. Since then I've managed between 3.5 and 4.5 kg per month. Unless you have water retention or other problems every pound lost is 3500 net calories less into your body, ramp up that weight loss and you'll be cutting back on a lot of calories.

Big loss on the first month is common and nothing to worry about, I would be worried if it kept up as it's more likely to bounce back on or be a symptom of something wrong.

Inches off your legs, hips and waist are a far better measurement, it's driven by exercise/toning as much as weight loss to begin with.
  • ashes03mj
    ashes03mj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs the first 2 weeks of my "diet." Of course, I went from eating junk food(probably about 3-3500 calories a day) and not exercising to eating around 1200-1400 cals per day of healthy foods and walking 5x a week so my body probably lost it just from the shock. Overall the first month I lost 15 lbs. I feel great!! And I'm not hungry all the time like I thought I'd be!
  • yellowpear
    yellowpear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the answers.