New 24, 6'' - 210lbs. - Goal 175lbs

Options
New to this stuff don't really know how to motivate myself to lose the weight. I have no idea what I should be eating or how I should be exercising, any advice would be great!

Replies

• Kat78956
    Kat78956 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Welcome to MFP! A few tips for you which I have found very helpful

1) set a realistic target and then break it down. Looks like you want to loose 35lbs total is that correct? If so maybe try and aim for 1.5lbs per week.

2) give your self mini rewards - for example every time you loose 5lbs reward yourself with something. Its best if its something you can see every day as then it helps keeps you motivated. I have a bracelet that i add charms to every time I loose a bit more. Sounds daft but it does really help!

3) don't push yourself on the exercise too hard. Its much better to slow down or lower the weights or whatever than to get an injury. As yourself which is worse, one heavy crazy workout which nearly kills you and then you cant do anything for 2 weeks or a steady routine which you do consistently.

4) Maybe try some local classes to see what exercise you like. Some gyms offer a personal training session for free as part of their induction program.
  • AHarmlessTwig
    AHarmlessTwig Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! for me the hardest part it motivation. After an 8 hour day at work I find it hard to get up and go to the gym since I'm alreayd pretty tired. It's a vicious circle and I feel like motivation is key for me getting up and doing something about the weight! I wish I had people to get me out and going as well because that would help a lot.