100 Days

Options
Hi everyone. My first post. I'm excited to say that today is my 100th day of logging and I'm down 23 pounds! Just over halfway to my goal! 22.6 pounds to go.

I'm 42 years old & 5'2". I started at 170.6 lbs and am currently 147.6 lbs. My goal is 125. I will evaluate once I get there and may go for another 5-10.

For those that might be interested in what I'm doing, I weigh, measure and log everything. I don't deprive myself of anything. I even have ice cream just about every day (Lil Drums, 110-130 calories, yum!). I also eat tons of raw veggies, chicken, eggs & steak. And if I'm feeling lazy and don't feel like cooking, I'll have a frozen dinner like a Lean Cuisine or something along with some veggies or fruit.

About once a month, I'll let myself eat what I want for a meal and sometimes those meals are like 3000 calories. Ha! But it's working and I don't feel deprived at all.

My calories vary a lot. My goal is 1300, but if I'm hungry I'll eat. Some days I'll go up to 16-1700, maybe even a bit more. I figure as long as I'm at a deficit, it is ok. When I do slip up, I don't let it completely derail me and just get right back at it. I've yo-yo'ed a lot since I had my son 4 years ago and I think this has been the key for me this time; not expecting perfection.

For exercise, I run and I just started Insanity MAX:30 last week. I completed Insanity about 1 1/2 years ago and loved it. Love MAX:30 so far too. I use a HR monitor and tend to eat back a lot of my exercise calories to ensure my net is never under 1200.

Here's to the next 100 days!

Drumstick_Chocolate_Lil_Drums_4350723.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!