Flat booty from weight loss :(

Options
I was wondering what exercise for the best for a flat butt, I have lost 2 stones in 3 months without little or no exercise because I've been ill and unable to do any, I like my weight which I am now just really looking for tone overall body and get my bum back to being a good size. Also will toning make my overall appearance smaller?
I have all jillian Michael DVDs but am feeling they might not work as I'm looking to build muscle back rather than lose it, I cannot afford a gym membership and only have dumbbells to use at home for weights, advice from people would be appreciated :)

5'2 weighting 9 stone (126Ibs)

Replies

• scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Squats will help perk your booty up.
  • jacqueliny
    jacqueliny Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have the answers here ... How did you lose the weight? I mean were you trying to lose wt and eating at least 1000-1200 a day? Or were you sick not feeling well and are less than 1000 cal per day?
    I have known people who keep exercising with a sprained ankle they just change what they do. I encourage you to do what you can. Possibly you have lost muscle...I say do what you can and use wts small ones at first and increase when you are able to do all the reps with ease. I use 6# wts .... I just moved up from 5 #. 8 # is too heavy. You will get to know yourself. I myself don't think concentrating on one area works ... Do the whole program and be positive. Leave the results to God. Change is rough and negative self talk will sabotage efforts. Do you record your food? Are you eating enough protein? I like the pie chart that My Fitness Pal provides to show us how much fat/carbs/protein we are eating.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You can try the Strong Curves program by Bret Contreras.. he has a bodyweight program as well as modifications you can do with dumbbells. Do you have a bench? Medicine ball? Resistance bands? Those are some helpful items to get started then you can go on from there.

Good booty exercises include hip thrusts, glute bridges, squats, deadlifts, lunges, abductions, kickbacks, x-band walks, etc
  • rachelwilliams932013
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments, sorry I should have given more detail, I was bed bound for a while due to very bad pain in my stomach which caused me to have little appetite for food, so the lack of bum is from muscle loss, I am much healthier now so am ready to get back into shape, I am a pear shape so having no bum is very upsetting considering that's what I'm used to, i will be trying squats and will look into strong curves, I would buy more equipment but have recently been made unemployed so trying to watch my money hehe, thank you ladies
  • snaptate
    snaptate Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    You can try the Strong Curves program by Bret Contreras.. he has a bodyweight program as well as modifications you can do with dumbbells. Do you have a bench? Medicine ball? Resistance bands? Those are some helpful items to get started then you can go on from there.

Good booty exercises include hip thrusts, glute bridges, squats, deadlifts, lunges, abductions, kickbacks, x-band walks, etc

• snaptate
    snaptate Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is on key. I follow him,myself and use ma,y of his techniques for self and clients. Its all based on consistency though, you MUST do the work as he instructs and change up range of motion and planes of motion for maximum results!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Get squatting!

Strong Curves, as mentioned, is a great programme.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,706 Member
    Options
    Skating. Wheels or ice. Figure or speed. I had a big glutes when I used to speed skate.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    donkey kicks.
  • CdotDove
    CdotDove Posts: 3
    Options
    Squats, squats and more squats.
  • charliebitesback
    charliebitesback Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Make sure that youre getting a sufficient amount of protein. From there, weights are the best. Also, don't be afraid of a little weight gain when building a booty. It happens.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    scaryg53 wrote: »
    Squats will help perk your booty up.

+1

It may not be the booty you had but a firm & tone bum will look fantastic in leggings!