I can't believe it

Options
I am starting over today and I cannot believe that I am 207 lbs. I have never been this big in my life and in January when I realized I had made it to 200 lbs I started working out. After only a few weeks in I lost two close relatives(one all of a sudden and one with cancer),then I got sick. These are not excuses, I should have kept going. I've lost weight before and I have been successful at helping others, so it's hard to believe I let myself get to this weight. It seems like I have such a long way to go, but I am ready. Last night I cried and beat myself up about my weight and how much my body had changed, this morning I woke up ready for the fight! I can do this, I will do this. I've done it before, and I can do it again. Wouldn't mind some support along the way, I'll offer it to anyone I can as well!

Replies

• AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Let's move on and not beat ourselves up for letting life get in the way. We can start new now and keep going. We'll have bumps along the way, but we'll get there. We can do it!
  • Kphenderson
    Kphenderson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Adrienne! I appreciate it!
  • lulu0190
    lulu0190 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Life gets in the way so many times and we grab for convenience instead of healthy. You can do it!
  • Kphenderson
    Options
    Thank you! It was so east for me to grab the fast food and lay in bed. But not anymore!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself for turning to what you know when you needed comfort. It's okay, and it's in the past. The future is yours!
  • Kphenderson
    Options
    Thank you so much, I really needed that motivation.
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think there are quite a few of us who've been there. My mom died a year ago and I just forgot about everything (diet and exercise) for a while. I'm ready to get serious now and I know she'd want me to be healthy. We can't change the past but we can choose to make healthy choices today - at least, that's what I'm trying to do.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your losses. Life will always throw things at you so the best thing you can do is be as prepared as possible.

Love your determination in your OP! Not to be negative, but you will have "down" moments, so my advice is to print out your OP (and all the responses if they help) and keep it somewhere where you can read it every time you feel like giving up or making a choice you'll regret. Support from others is great, but ultimately, you need to use your own strength and determination (which you HAVE) to spur you on!
  • Kphenderson
    Options
    Nev-Thank you so much, death can make you forget about everything. We can do this though, one day at a time.

BZA- Thank you so much, I am about to print this out now. I appreciate your advice and encouragement.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I got to my highest weight after my grandmother passed away in 2013 and I basically gave up on everything. Try not to keep beating yourself up for where you're at and how you got there. Focus on where you're going to go from here. You can do this.