New! 26 years old 153 5"7 goal=125

Options
hey guys! I'm new here! Would love to chat with people! Especially those that have similar stories/goals to me!

Replies

• KYarg93
    KYarg93 Posts: 3
    Options
    Same weight/height/goal! Goodluck!
  • randomblonde2014
    randomblonde2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Newbie as well! 26/5"2/166/Goal=150
    Good luck!
  • avemaria77
    avemaria77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I appreciate the support! Let's do this!
  • rhoadscd193
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • nakima
    nakima Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and right now I weigh about 137lbs and I am working on losing fat and maintaining what muscle I have. I will tell you for me 125lbs looks way to skinny on a 5'7 woman( unless it's mostly muscle). The goal I'm going for is to lose fat during this cut which is 1500 cals while lifting heavy then I will maintain for awhile and then start a slow bulk to add 10 lbs back on of hopefully nice lean muscle that will make me curvy an strong. Good luck ladies!
  • runfreer
    runfreer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    nakima wrote: »
    I will tell you for me 125lbs looks way to skinny on a 5'7 woman( unless it's mostly muscle).

I'm 5'7" and some change. I weigh 125. I am very lean but not too skinny. I'm a distance runner and do body-weight strength training. However, I would never want my weight to go any lower as this is the very bottom of the spectrum for me. But staying lean means being faster! (gotta get those PRs!)
  • amathew22
    amathew22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar boat and dropped about 20 pounds, so I definitely know how it goes! Good luck!
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i just turned 26 on mar 23, 5'4..use to be 162 now i am 143 aiming for 123. >:)
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    runfreer wrote: »
    nakima wrote: »
    I will tell you for me 125lbs looks way to skinny on a 5'7 woman( unless it's mostly muscle).

I'm 5'7" and some change. I weigh 125. I am very lean but not too skinny. I'm a distance runner and do body-weight strength training. However, I would never want my weight to go any lower as this is the very bottom of the spectrum for me. But staying lean means being faster! (gotta get those PRs!)

I really think the right weight for a certain height depends on the individual. Different women have different body structures. I am 5'7" and 133 and am fairly thin in some places, but am still trying to lose a few more pounds. I say take it one day at a time and reevaluate as you get closer to your goal :-) I will say though, as you lose a lot of weight, sometimes it takes awhile for your self-image to catch up. I still feel like I'm the same size that I used to be half the time, even though I've lost like 30 lbs.
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh, and welcome/good luck!
  • JZ_Evolution_Mark2
    JZ_Evolution_Mark2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I dropped from a size 42 pant to a size 34... and now am the most physically fit I have ever been! I believe in you!!!! Just dont take NO for an answer!
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 5'7" med frame. I've been as low as 131lbs, and that was too thin for my frame. I'll be happy in the 140's with a nice bf%.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!! same weight/height/goal/similar age
  • avemaria77
    avemaria77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great! Let's keep each other motivated!
  • whitneyrabbott
    whitneyrabbott Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    27 years old, 5'7", 179. Goal =140
  • Lindaclaire95
    Lindaclaire95 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 19. 5'6 currently 150. I want to get back down to around 105-110. Good luck!
  • JTmom2015
    JTmom2015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Do you mind if I add you? We have the same stats (though I am 8 lbs heavier) and would love to have someone to do this with!