Women Recomp Stories?

Options
holly55555
holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
I'm a 5'8 woman and started at 140 lbs. By no means overweight, but VERY squishy. I was a classic skinny fat person. I overate unhealthy things and I had no muscle tone.

I'm working on recomp but I would love some motivation! Please post your recomp success stories and pics! :)

Replies

• Thom_Kat
    Thom_Kat Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Here is mine. 5'2 148 lbs in all three pictures on top and 163 in the last. The top three were over the course of about 6 months while lifting 4 times per week and doing 20 minute HiiT sessions and some longer jogs. I am 163 now but I've put on about 10 lbs of lean mass since the last picture on top was taken a year and a half ago.

I got down to 135 lbs about 5 years ago and my body fat was the same then as it is now. It's been fun to see the changes.

4qfwgiw9xxxi.jpg

163 now (cutting)
    jkxedse4lojv.jpg

(Edited for clarification and to add another picture)
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Thom_Kat, very impressive! The progress in your tummy especially is awesome!

I'm 5'7.5, 26

First pic is ~170, right when I started NROLFW and was lifting 3x week. After is just after I finished, around ~162 pounds. Did lose a few pounds but definitely put on some muscle. At my last test I had 117 pounds of lean muscle. Though I'm not sure exactly where I started, I'm pretty confident it was less!

zxbnb8jg0q22.jpg

This pic is same-- ~170 to ~162
    2e84j1757nh3.jpg

I actually started MFP at 190 pounds but didn't start lifting until 20 pounds in. Like everyone, I wish I'd started sooner! Still looking to drop a few pounds but most concerned about recomp.

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    @ lili61, great results! I plan to start NROLFW next week. We're the same height and similar weight, I hope I have as good as results as you!
  • lili61
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    @ lili61, great results! I plan to start NROLFW next week. We're the same height and similar weight, I hope I have as good as results as you!

Do it! It is one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

• holly55555
    Options
    Wow thanks guys! It's crazy to see such a difference but not a huge weight change!

I think my biggest goal is getting my tummy to tuck in (instead of being soft).
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I did a recomp. I was 105 pounds and very skinny fat. I am now 110 pounds and shaved off about 3-4% of body fat. My pics are on this page halfway down I think (I'm the blonde in a bikini on the beach in one of the pics).

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1238509/women-54-5-5-with-results-pictures/p8
  • lili61
    Options
    @kdiamond I have seen your photos before but am always impressed!
  • holly55555
    Options
    kdiamond wrote: »
    I did a recomp. I was 105 pounds and very skinny fat. I am now 110 pounds and shaved off about 3-4% of body fat. My pics are on this page halfway down I think (I'm the blonde in a bikini on the beach in one of the pics).

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1238509/women-54-5-5-with-results-pictures/p8

THIS is what I want my abs to look like. Great job!

• NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome thread! Bookmarking so I can follow along. I'm 23 years old, 5 foot 6. I currently weigh 132 pounds as of this morning, at just under 24% body fat. I'm looking to do a recomp and could definitely go for some suggestions on macros. Currently this is what I have, but I plan on adjusting as I go along to get the results I want...

Rest Day 1620 calories
    Protein: 122g (30%)
    Carbs: 101g (25%)
    Fat: 81g (45%)

Training Day 2000
    Protein: 125g (25%)
    Carbs: 200g (40%)
    Fat: 78g (35%)

I pulled these from a few calculations/suggestions. Not sure how I feel abou it, but I'm trying, heh.
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Im still a work in progress and wasnt really focused on recomp until recently. I have maintainred !y weight for about a year and a half but have made the most noticeable changes to my body since since I started crossfit in January. I haven't lost any weight but have dropped a size since January.

I am 5'7 and 145 lbs.

PhotoGrid_1428209455975_zps0728favo.jpg

PhotoGrid_1428210105103_zpsvlsjsdso.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Height: 6'1"

On the left I was about 185
    On the right I am about 165

20 lbs, but lost 6 dress sizes through running, boxing and lifting

PhotoGrid_1421936560369_zpsn6rxmepk.jpg
  • eva_svi
    eva_svi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The first pic is before kids, the second is a year and a half after baby No. 2. The second pic is also my motivation right now - after baby No. 3 ;)
    I was 58 - 60 kg in both
    he21pvs0j1y8.jpg
    cpn9fep8e74d.jpg

• lili61
    Options
    Ummm, those are some impressive abs! @eva_svi
  • Jengoing2015
    Jengoing2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Very motivating! Thank you.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    Options
    Love these! Everyone keeps hating on recomping, insisting that slow bulking is the best way to go and that recomping will get me nowhere. Glad to see people have proved otherwise!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Both pics are me at 124 lbs-- the first is day 1 of lifting and the second is a few days ago.

58bb5ec2-0b5b-400c-b8b2-fe8c0606c5a5_zps703a1a7c.jpg

8572dd82-8470-4d7b-a81d-6fca4d831737_zpshnrq8p6p.jpg

e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Love these! Everyone keeps hating on recomping, insisting that slow bulking is the best way to go and that recomping will get me nowhere. Glad to see people have proved otherwise!

recomp works, but it is slow, and not necessarily easy to see the results. My recomp was over the span of 3 years. Nowadays... people don't want to hear.. YAY I lost 20 pounds over three years! They want 20 pounds over three weeks.

So, recomp doesn't get a good rap. I don't really see it as recomp anyways. I see it as living life at maintenance, enjoying dinners with my family, special treats, and fun times. Some times my weight swings up a bit, sometimes down. My goal is to keep getting stronger the whole while.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »

recomp works, but it is slow, and not necessarily easy to see the results. My recomp was over the span of 3 years. Nowadays... people don't want to hear.. YAY I lost 20 pounds over three years! They want 20 pounds over three weeks.

So, recomp doesn't get a good rap. I don't really see it as recomp anyways. I see it as living life at maintenance, enjoying dinners with my family, special treats, and fun times. Some times my weight swings up a bit, sometimes down. My goal is to keep getting stronger the whole while.

True, yeah. In within 10 pounds of where I want to be, ideally. But I'm currently 24% Body fat so I got a little bit of a belly and extra fat to trim here and there. I would consider slow bulking once I lost some more weight maybe...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »

True, yeah. In within 10 pounds of where I want to be, ideally. But I'm currently 24% Body fat so I got a little bit of a belly and extra fat to trim here and there. I would consider slow bulking once I lost some more weight maybe...

I was at about 24% when I started. I estimate about 18% now. Idk if you're patient recomp can be great. It's been pretty effortless for me compared to either bulking or cutting.
  • smg92907
    smg92907 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    lili61 wrote: »
    sistrsprkl wrote: »

Do it! It is one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

Great results! What is NROLFW?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!