Patience is a Virtue.

Options
I've been doing good. I'm staying on track mostly, and I've lost 24.3lbs since Jan 2nd. I've gone from 265 down to 240.7, and I'm actually really excited about it. I have only seen a little bit of difference physically, but I'm not too upset because I know it'll happen as long as I keep going. I've lost an average of approximately 1.8 pounds a week, and believe me I'm excited about this.

This past week I've been feeling a bit impatient though. I think it's because I'm so close to being in the 230's, and I'm excited about it, so I want it to happen like, NOW.

I'm just wondering how most people deal with the impatience that can happen during weight loss? I used to let it get to me and cause me to just give up. Now I'm not going to let that be an option, since I am really committed to succeeding this time.

Replies

• k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My way of coping with the impatience is to just take one week at a time!
    I try to get really excited when I weigh in on Fridays and see that 1 lb loss.
    Just focus on enjoying the process and as long as you take it one week or even one day at a time you will see progress!
    The small successes add up to one big one. :smile:

SW: 249
    CW: 209
    GW: 190
    UG: 175
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I started at 266. It took me a couple of years to get to 225. I did gain 10 pounds this winter due to work stress ect. but am not discouraged. There is no finish line. I will always be logging and checking my weight and being careful about what I eat. I feel great and am actually starting to run now.
    You are doing extremely well. Don't concentrate on the number but on the way you feel. Find 24 pounds of weight and carry it around with you for awhile and you will realize you do not want to gain that back. I lugged around 40 pound bags of sand (doing yard work) after I lost 40 pounds and realized why I was so tired all the time before.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I've been taking it one day at a time, and I know logically it's gonna take a while - and I have to learn to be okay with that (because there really isn't any other option - Rome wasn't built in a day). But it does make me think, because I know we see a lot of people on here who post things like "It's been (insert x amount of time) and I've only lost (insert y amount of weight) what am I doing wrong!" and pretty much most of the time the issue is patience (or logging inaccuracies, take your pick).
  • Haggishare
    Haggishare Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well done for losing that amount of weight since January. You need to stay focused and think how you would feel now if you hadn't tried at all.

I hit a bit of a wall recently as I was only losing a half pound or so a week, but then started to go for a walk and I have started to do the stairs at work. The first time I did the stairs I thought I was going to pass out - my legs were shaking and I could hardly catch my breath - I thought I can't do this and left it for a couple of days, but tried again - I was still out of breath, but continued to climb them once or twice a week. Now I can do them 2 or 3 times a day (9 floors in total) and feel great.

It took time to build up the stamina - it didn't happen overnight, but I kept going and you can keep losing the weight so don't give up
  • TinyMilkGoddess
    TinyMilkGoddess Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also struggle with patience in the same way you are - I have just passed my first week and it felt like FOREVER, but I just remember that time is always moving and i'm doing it right, so it will come around eventually - I just have to keep plodding on! :smiley: Well done on your loss, that is really awesome :smiley: Think of it like this - come summer, you will most likely be in the 230s! Keep going! :smiley: