Low Cal Snacks?

Options
DEgal99
DEgal99 Posts: 100 Member
Does anyone have any ideas for some low calorie snacks that really keep you full? Snacking is definitely my weakness so any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• SoUnaware
    SoUnaware Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Define low cal?
    Because I eat a snack that consists of
    1/2 serving pretzels
    1/2 serving unsalted peanuts
    1/2 serving almonds
    And thats just over 200 calories, but I LOVE it. The combination of the carbs in the pretzels and the protein in the peanuts keeps me full. However, I eat every two to three hours, so if you're looking for something that keeps you full longer than that, I don't have any ideas :(
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I just discovered celery with salsa. Normally I hate celery but this is delicious! And you can eat a ton for under 50 calories.
  • Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just discovered celery with salsa. Normally I hate celery but this is delicious! And you can eat a ton for under 50 calories.

This is a great one! I'm always looking for low calorie, higher quantity ideas.
  • DEgal99
    Options
    Define low cal?
    Because I eat a snack that consists of
    1/2 serving pretzels
    1/2 serving unsalted peanuts
    1/2 serving almonds
    And thats just over 200 calories, but I LOVE it. The combination of the carbs in the pretzels and the protein in the peanuts keeps me full. However, I eat every two to three hours, so if you're looking for something that keeps you full longer than that, I don't have any ideas :(

Heh, to be honest, I'm not even sure how low "low-cal" I'm looking for. :) I just know my snacks tend to be closer to meals in calories and they don't really keep me full for very long.
    Keeping full for 2-3 hours is about the time frame I'm looking for though.
  • DEgal99
    Options

Mmmm... sounds good! Thanks.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about protein shakes? I used to be totally against them until I tried the Special K ones. I LOVE the Vanilla, and it usually holds me over about 2-3 hours, esp if I chase it with water. They are about 180 cals each.
  • Nanconet
    Nanconet Posts: 35
    Options
    I like cucumbers with Balkan style plain yogurt :)
  • sticki
    sticki Posts: 9
    Options
    I like raw baby carrots with hummus but when I need something with a cup of tea or coffee I got some Hollywood cookies from the "Hollywood cookie diet" they have protein and fiber to keep you fuller longer and have 150 cals.
  • bethmiller3377
    bethmiller3377 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is yoplait light yogurt with slivered almonds....or natural peanut butter on banana, or on 2 graham crackers...Also, I LOVE triscuits and a piece of light mozz string cheese. :-) YUM...Oh and one more...apple with peanut butter on it. SOOOO GOOD.
  • sgoodings
    sgoodings Posts: 1
    Options
    fab ice lolly- only 78cals
  • KimKramer
    KimKramer Posts: 44
    Options
    I found putting a container of Greek yogurt in the freezer for an hr and then adding 2 smashed up Oreo Cookies to be a GREAT snack that tricks me into thinking I eating ice cream. 180 calories total
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I like fiber one bars. The extra fiber helps. Hannaford Supermarket (and many other chains) sell store brand low/non fat yogurt smoothies. 10 oz is about 130 calories, I love them, and they're a great snack all day, good amount of protein.
  • Sluvsk2010
    Sluvsk2010 Posts: 1
    Options
    wow...that sounds delish and like something i can do. mmmmm!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Try wheat thins and weight watchers cheese wedges. It's a pretty good combo and low in cals! I also use Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter with honey on mcintosh apples and man it's the best darn snack ever! Low cals too! :-) Most peanut butter has a lot of calories, but this one is not bad. I believe it's 140 cals for 2tbs. :-)
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    Radishes chopped in half and to take the burn off swipe them through a laughing cow cheese wedge. Those only have 35 cals, and the radishes, for 10, is 12 cals.

Celery and peanut butter
    Baby carrots with hummus
    String cheese and half an apple
    An orange in the middle of the day is supposed to put you in a better mood.

Oh and if you feel like getting creative, spray a whole wheat tortilla with no cal butter spray, sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg, and then bake in the oven until crispy, and make a fruit salsa to dip them in.
  • ShelleyT_RN
    ShelleyT_RN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    celery or cucumber with laughing cow cheese wedge 40-45 calories total!
  • pumina
    pumina Posts: 13
    Options
    The frozen greek yogurt with oreo cookie thing is amazing! You're a genius!!! I have to try it :)
  • KimKramer
    Options
    The frozen greek yogurt with oreo cookie thing is amazing! You're a genius!!! I have to try it :)
  • KimKramer
    Options
    :-)
  • kimbaclay
    kimbaclay Posts: 81
    Options
    I make up sugar free Jelly. 1 sachet make around 4 small pots that i take to work for snacks. Low fat yogurts are great only around 100 cals. I also cut up carrot or you can buy ready cut carrot batons and cucumber.

The only thing is you have to organised to get everything prepared either the night before or getting up early

Hope this helps :smile: