Any Runners?

Options
Hi!

I have been on MFP for almost seven months. Lost 40 pounds....20 to go!

At first, I started running simply for the extra calorie burn. Now I am surprised to love it! Ran my first 5k on Thanksgiving, working toward a 10k. I run (almost) daily, 18-20 miles/wk right now. Any other runners want to connect as friends? I am always looking to motivate and be inspired!

:) Carrie

Replies

• fitsam042
    fitsam042 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Back in school, I ran cross country. 5ks were my main thing, and they were a lot of fun.

Now I'm trying to get back into it. :) I'd be happy to be your friend and help motivate your running spirit!
  • skinnyby31
    skinnyby31 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started running last year and have completed about six 5k parkrun so far. Still not in love with it and find it difficult but I'm hoping that if I lose weight it will get easier. I run with my retriever also so that makes it a bit more fun,
  • thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've started doing some running lately as well and have found I love it too! I started using the Couch to 5K app this morning, so I'm hoping to see some results by mid year :-) I'm happy to be a virtual running buddy. Congratulations on running a 5k! I get about half way and want to keel over and die. Thank the powers that be for Park Run, running with other people is so much more fun.
  • fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Another runner checking in. I don't actually "enjoy" the time I'm running but love that feeling as soon as its over knowing you hit a new PR and did something you've never done before. All those thoughts that go on during a run...yup...