I'm back, and would like some more friends!

Options
Devonanne
Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

MFP helped me lose 25lbs a couple years ago and I am getting back at it after having a baby and spending too long being lazy. I've still got some of my original wonderful friends on here, but many have gone inactive since then and I'd love some more people to connect with so we can motivate each other. It would be great to have some friends who I have some things in common with, so here are some points about myself. If you relate to any of these, please add me!

- I have a 10 month old boy and time is much more limited than it used to be! Eating healthy and making time to exercise is a new challenge.
- People who told me breastfeeding would help me lose the baby weight are lying! Haha (ok maybe it worked for them but not me). Still need to lose 15lbs to get back to pre-baby weight and then some more to get back to my goal weight.
- I plan to do this by eating as cleanly as possibly, limiting calories (but not too much, I believe in eating plenty of healthy food and making sure I get enough nutrition), strength training (new rules of lifting is the program I did before and had amazing results), and probably some running too as I can do that with the baby and jogging stroller.
- Also a type 1 diabetic so there's the added challenge of blood sugar control
- Ultimate goal is to lose around 30-35lbs, get fit again and feel awesome. Also want to set an example of healthy eating and fitness for my son!

***PLEASE include a brief message with your friend request so I can know a little about you before adding! Also if you're a guy and don't include a message with your request I will for sure decline it. Nothing personal just trying to weed out those requests that are just trying to sell products or men who are trying to use MFP as a dating site!***

Replies

• huntergirl864
    huntergirl864 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to be friends and motivate each other
  • jrormeno
    jrormeno Posts: 1
    Options
    It's all about counting your macros and exercising I recommend HIIT training. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.
  • rhucksto
    rhucksto Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi there I have an 11 week old baby and I'm starting to get back in the game. I don't have a lot of time to type but I'm looking for other moms to connect with. Yeah the whole the weight will fall right off thing doesn't work for me either- so here I am working to get it off.
  • Never_Quit32
    Never_Quit32 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    FEEL FREE TO ADD ME.
  • fbs2
    fbs2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 here, youngest is 5 months, and I hear ya about the lie folks said the baby weight would fall off. I have 4 postpartums to prove it. I have to work to lose it (of course I gain TONS of weight during my pregnancies...50-65). I have 45 to get to pre-pregnancy weight...then the little bit to get to goal.
  • paigemul95
    paigemul95 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm back on here too, and I am always up to support and motivate more people!
  • abbylorine
    Options
    I would love to be friends on MFP. I'm super new to this whole thing and figured I'd give it a shot before heading to WW. I have a 3 month old and the scale hasn't budged since 1 month postpartum. Grr! How many calories are you adding daily to make sure your supply doesn't drop?
  • newport3158
    newport3158 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! Breastfeeding never helped me drop weight after either of my two children! I have an 8 year old and a 2 year old, gained 70 with the first and lost 100 after 16 months. Gained 80 with the second and have lost 90 by the time she was 22 months. My daddy was diabetic, so I know your struggle with that too!

Sending u a request now!