lacking discipline

Options
hi i have been logging very consistently for the last 2 months or so the problem is im constantly going over my goal my work is very active and has long shifts 13 hours so i cant update during the days until im home at which point i cant take back the food iv eaten im only trying to lose a pound a month my goal is set at 1235 and i honestly don't know how everyone does it i tend to eat 1600 a day and i still feel hungry and have to refuse sweets ect any tips or suggested unheated foods that i can eat on the go would be appreciated thanks :)

Replies

• JKimm1
    JKimm1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Mality.

I don't know how rigorous your job is, but my go-to snacks are kale chips. I just buy fresh kale, remove the stems, rub with olive oil and some sea salt / black pepper and pop them in the oven.

My caloric intake budget is 1200 and I've been doing intermittent fasting for the past two-months with great success. I have my last meal by 8PM and then don't eat until 14h later. I know people have mixed feelings about intermittent fasting, but it personally does work for me.

You can do it! Don't get discouraged. At least you're logging consistently!
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you have a very active job then 1235 seems kind of low. What are your stats? Sex, weight, height, etc.
  • carinox25
    carinox25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Its almost summer, and some really great fruits are coming in season. I love cutting up fruit and putting in a big bowl to bring to work (I work 12-16 hour shifts). It usually fills me up and keeps me away from the vending machines. Also, since I cut it up and measure it the night before I know exactly how many calories are in my bowl. :smile: As far as breakfast/lunch keeping greek yogurt chicken salad on hand works well for me, another one I can measure and make the night before. I can eat it with a small chunk of bread or celery. I actually do better diet wise on the days that I work because I am forced to prepare. Good luck!

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Healthy-Chicken-Salad-Recipe-30982419
  • rachsamuel1994
    rachsamuel1994 Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I lost track quite a few times. I find that filling in my diary for the next day the night before helps me because I can then see what I've put on my diary to eat and follow that. Even if it's just breakfast and dinner, I can look at it as a guide and sort of motivation because I want to follow what I've said I will eat. It sort of sets out a plan for me
    Good luck :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    pre log
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Log ahead of time, and then eat to the plan.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    pre log

This. Its not hard, then just eat what you have on your log because that will ensure you eat the correct amounts, unless you choose not to. be honest with yourself the eating over because you didnt have time to realise you were 400 calories over isnt a winner. Prelogging sorts that out as long as you have the disipline to apply it, which is a different matter.
  • TheRoseRoss
    TheRoseRoss Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What kinds of foods are you eating? What you said about "not being able to take back the food that you ate" sounds like poor planning as well. I don't know what your circumstances are like, but I try to fill up on fiber/fibrous, leafy vegetables at breakfast lunch and dinner. Breakfasts also includes an apple and cottage cheese. The casein protein is slow digesting, and the apple takes a while to be broken down, so I end up feeling full/staving off hunger for longer. I have beans (fiber) and a quarter of a head of lettuce with my lunch, and half a head of broccoli at dinner. Know, it doesn't taste as good as a burger, but it fills me up a lot more than a burger does, at A LOT less calories too.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    mality wrote: »
    hi i have been logging very consistently for the last 2 months or so the problem is im constantly going over my goal my work is very active and has long shifts 13 hours so i cant update during the days until im home at which point i cant take back the food iv eaten im only trying to lose a pound a month my goal is set at 1235 and i honestly don't know how everyone does it i tend to eat 1600 a day and i still feel hungry and have to refuse sweets ect any tips or suggested unheated foods that i can eat on the go would be appreciated thanks :)

It sounds like 1235 calories is way too low for you. Especially if you have an active job.

Try this. Take your body weight (in pounds) and multiply by 10. Whatever that number is, eat no less than that many calories a day. For example, I weigh 189 lbs currently. My trainer would like me to eat 2000 calories a day, and definitely not less than 1800. I workout 5x a week for 90+ minutes, and I work fast food about 30 hours a week.

How do you feel about your physical progress? It sounds like you really don't need to actually lose scale weight. My scale hasn't moved much in the last year (despite needing to lose 50 lbs) but the inches are coming off in all the right places.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    mality wrote: »

you've very active, you're only trying to lose 1lb per month but your calorie goal is only 1235? that doesnt really make much sense!