need friends who are also trying to maintain

Options
Any tips, recipes, exercises would be great:)

Replies

• immortalities
    immortalities Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm also on the look out for meal inspiration :)
  • McAtack
    McAtack Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day tomorrow. Lets do this!!!1
  • VillageSmithy
    VillageSmithy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm within a few days now of reaching my target weight, and would like to swap ideas and experiences relating to maintenance. I'm also a lifelong foodie (now dedicated to eating clean) and I prepare almost everything I eat. I love swapping recipes. Although I'm older than you... and a guy... we might have a few important things in common. Please add me as a friend if interested. Cheers!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for couple years now:)
  • PacificLotus
    PacificLotus Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just reached goal weight and working on finding maintenance calories. Feel free to add me. I like extremely simple recipes I can make ahead - the crockpot is my friend! Might have a few recipes for you & would love more ideas!
  • Juan_Cervantes
    Juan_Cervantes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also looking for tips and receives. Just started to day feel free to add me.
  • jmasci20
    jmasci20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I still have two pounds to go but have started reading these posts. Getting ready to maintain!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Just hit goal recently (going to drop 1 more pound...to make it an even 200)... Still adjusting to maintenance.

73641431.png

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    My goal is maintenance, but I'm not logging food. I keep my eye on the scale and how clothes fit. My tip is to stay active and try something new or set a new goal for something you already do (like lifting heavier or running faster.) I work out a lot. If you want to exchange workout ideas, I'm all for it:)
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i hit maintenance a few weeks ago and am always looking for new friends. add me if you like! :smile:
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Pro tip: Don't eat consistently under maintenance if you want to maintain. Your binge Fridays may not wipe out the deficit as well as you thought they might.

I hopped on the scale and am down to 132. I have good reason to believe that it will step down again to 131 as I am entering the low water retention portion of my cycle. Still working this out, how many cals I need a day. I am also struggling to eat more than 1600 a day. Most days, I am still eating between 1300-1500. Great, but my maintenance is probably more like 1800-2100, especially since I row five-six days a week now. I have a mental block, plus my diet is so high in protein and fiber, I just don't feel that hungry in general. Maybe I need a trip to the Cheesecake Factory and some Xanax. :wink:
  • DOODLIEDAA
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm at a healthy weight, looking to maintain and/or lose another 5 before summer.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance. I do secretly hope to drop a bit more but need the break from aiming for losses.
  • raward5
    raward5 Posts: 1
    Options
    Might have found this area sooner.

A lot of good info seems to be available.

Trying to maintain a healthy weight of 130 lbs on mature (64) frame, 5'3"
    Walking/jogging--60 to 120 mins. 6 days a week, also some weights for upper body.

Any nutritional/caloric info would be helpful. Currently trying to watch protein-fat and -carb intake.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    You can add me :)
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just recently hit maintenance. I didn't have a lot of lose but I'm finding it difficult to "up" my calories now that I'm used to eating less. I'm finding I'm not anywhere near where it says I should be for maintenance (500+ more calories a day).
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Me too! I think I need more support now than when I first started. :)
  • tashiros
    tashiros Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Losing is hard maintaining is hard too constant tweets to diet and exercise to keep it interesting and healthy
  • mamatothelils
    mamatothelils Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 6 pounds from my goal and use a free app called Workout Trainer by Skimble . I don't love exercise and always worry about my form, but with this app (which I use on my Ipad), it makes it easy to understand how to do each exercise correctly. I have three children...so it really helps that I can just do it in my living room alone whenever I want with some music and a yoga mat.
  • mikeqyu
    mikeqyu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    IIFYM is a good program to follow if you're trying to maintain. MFP can also set your macros for you if you just want to maintain. I use Pinterest for recipes. What kind of foods are you trying to eat more/less of?