Here we go again!!! Back after a year away (also back at 283

Options
Hello all!!

I am back on here after beeing away for more than a year, last year I lost 30+ lbs with the help of thi great site, but unfortunatly gained it all back:(

I am a 33 years father of 2, married to a lovely wife and over all happy and healthy!

I got artritis in my left knee wich can some times REALLY slow down my cardio training.

I'm going to start swimming a few times a week, wich is pretty much the only thing that wont cause pain. I also do a lot of walking and eleptical.

I bought a Bowflex for my wife last fall, and I think i'm going to start using too to get my muscle mass, so I can burn more fat in my sleep.

I am military so I have access to all the nice training facilities:cardio gym, weight gym, pool, tracks, trails etc.....All I need is a little motivation wich I hope to get on here!!

Good luck to all!!

Jeff

Replies

• wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    you can do this. just take it one step at a time :-)
  • julia23
    julia23 Posts: 87
    Options
    Happy to hear your back!
    Good luck, keep us updated!
  • smartin0619
    smartin0619 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good luck Jeff! You did it once, now time to make it a lifestyle change and not just a "diet". That is something I am working on myself!! I have a history of yo yo dieting/weight gain. I've been doing lots of bike riding lately and find it is much easier on the body, maybe you could try that too as long as you stayed away from big hills due to your knee.
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    welcome back! you can do it again :)
  • mnmamax3
    mnmamax3 Posts: 3
    Options
    It sounds like you are on the right track! Remember we are only a computer away to help give you support!
  • AceH826
    AceH826 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for Serving, Jeff! And welcome back :)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck! You already know what a great place this can be. ~smiles~
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    We've all been down this road. You made the right choice in coming back. Welcome back.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    First of all (and most important) , thanks for your service! (and that of your wife's!) As an Army brat, I know what both of you have given up for all of us and I truly appreciate it!

Now, get moving!! You can totally do this. a bum knee definitely makes it harder, but the added weight also makes it harder on your knee. You know you can lose the weight, but now you need to commit to the full lifestyle change. Take advantage of those great resources and make something happen! Good luck!!:drinker:
  • munozrd
    munozrd Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    First step seems right! This website seems quite helpful! Welcome back, even though I am new.
  • Drpepperz
    Drpepperz Posts: 5
    Options
    THX TO ALL!!

This is what makes a difference right there!!

Yes Sophjakesmom, my wife is a saint for puuting up with me and my carreer!! :)