60 pounds, 8 months (pics)

Options
BradWoj
BradWoj Posts: 17 Member
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
Hi MFP! I started keto in July 2014 at 235 lbs, and stuck to it with very few cheats until around the holidays. I started hitting the gym seriously then and got a little more lax on the diet. My lowest weight was 175 in February. I've been fluctuating between 180 and 185 for the past month or so, and I'm back on here to recommit to eating better.

8jj12pvphmtx.jpg

Left is at my sister's wedding in April 2013, I think I was around 240 there, but I wasn't weighing myself. Right is last month, around 180.

1xlaibjuyz9b.png

Right is maybe the worst picture of me ever taken, from my 23rd birthday right after a keg stand. Left is from last Sunday.

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    That is great :) ))
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Awesome Work!!!
  • CYNTHIANELSON1
    CYNTHIANELSON1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look great, extremely healthy....
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Good work! you look great and must feel great too!
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! What was the keto like for you?
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :# dude awesome
  • BradWoj
    BradWoj Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Robertus: keto was fantastic for me, I do think my body is insulin resistant from 20+ years of nonstop soda and candy. I had borderline high blood pressure and was experiencing some symptoms of being pre-diabetic, though I was afraid to go to a doctor and confirm that. A few weeks weeks after starting keto I felt like my body was working properly again; I stopped feeling drowsy and lightheaded on my way home from work, I stopped having random headaches, and I no longer craved sugar the way I always have.

My approach was to keep things as simple as possible - if a diet isn't convenient, I won't stick to it. So I pre-made breakfast and lunch for the week every Sunday (hardboiled eggs and bacon, keto chili, keto soups), and for dinner I'd usually have some Steamfresh veggies and whatever meat I felt like. Spiced it up here and there but that was 95% of what I ate.
  • Serendipitous_Life
    Serendipitous_Life Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You don't even look like the same person... amazing changes!! :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You really don't look like the same person. Also, nice suit and shoes and hair cut. Stylin.
  • MustangIslandMermaid
    MustangIslandMermaid Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look like a movie star! Great job!!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • FromAshes2Beast
    FromAshes2Beast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Very impressive and inspiring. Way to go and keep up the fantastic work!
  • alina9944
    alina9944 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Keto really does work if you really stick to it, and surprisingly the cravings for sweets goes away! You look great!
  • ajelove
    ajelove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bad *kitten*, man. You look all sexy professor, now.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • gould500
    gould500 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking great. Keep it going.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story. It makes me want to reach my goal even more! Very inspiring. Thank you!!
  • Deborah271
    Deborah271 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    BradWoj wrote: »
    Hi MFP! I started keto in July 2014 at 235 lbs, and stuck to it with very few cheats until around the holidays. I started hitting the gym seriously then and got a little more lax on the diet. My lowest weight was 175 in February. I've been fluctuating between 180 and 185 for the past month or so, and I'm back on here to recommit to eating better.

8jj12pvphmtx.jpg

Left is at my sister's wedding in April 2013, I think I was around 240 there, but I wasn't weighing myself. Right is last month, around 180.

1xlaibjuyz9b.png

Right is maybe the worst picture of me ever taken, from my 23rd birthday right after a keg stand. Left is from last Sunday.

• Deborah271
    Deborah271 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation, you've done really well and you look much more healthier!!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome transformation! Congratulations and keep up the great work. You deserve to feel great. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!