I'm a teenager.

Options
Hello I'm a teenager and I want to lose some weight. Most people my age are not dieting yet but I gained 40 lbs by being a vegetarian and I regret it so much. I am not a vegetarian anymore but now I have 40 lbs to lose in order to get back to my pretty weight! Lol . Anyone feel me?

Replies

• AlexanderUSMC
    AlexanderUSMC Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eating too little or food with little sustanance can be just as bad as too much! Make a goal and see it through! Feel free to hit me up if you need help or whatever!
  • savanna541sa408
    savanna541sa408 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank-you! (:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm a teenager and I want to lose some weight. Most people my age are not dieting yet but I gained 40 lbs by being a vegetarian and I regret it so much. I am not a vegetarian anymore but now I have 40 lbs to lose in order to get back to my pretty weight! Lol . Anyone feel me?

Hi this site is for 18+ only. Assuming you really are 18 then you cna start by reading this thread about the basics of weight loss.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Alternatively theres a site especially for teens because they have different needs.
    http://www.sparkteens.com/

Weight loss is straightforward, but you need to understand how to do it safely. Its common for me to see people having unrealistic expectations about the rate they think they will lose weight 1-2lb a week is healthy and the means by which they achieve it. Please do it safely and responsibly then you will increase your chances of losing the whole amount raher than quitting in frustration. Good luck.

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    savanna wrote:
    I gained 40 lbs by being a vegetarian
    Being vegetarian had nothing to do with why you gained weight.
    You gained weight because you ate more calories than your body needed.
    You could do that on apples, or twinkies, or steak, or a well-balanced diet.

I have 40 lbs to lose in order to get back to my pretty weight!
    But is that a healthy weight for your height? Is your goal in the green range on this BMI chart? (Somewhere in the middle is generally good, unless your frame is particularly large or small, then more toward the ends would be OK.)
    Too many people have an unrealistic idea of how they look, or what a healthy weight is.

Here's a newbie help post, where I compiled links to useful info.
    Go read sexypants right now. (Seriously, now.)
    Then check out the blog post about realistic goal setting. One of the links is to a calculator which will not only tell you your BMI at a particular weight (make sure it's in the healthy range), but how many servings of the food groups to eat to maintain that weight.
    You might also find useful info over here: http://www.sparkteens.com/
  • savanna541sa408
    Options
    Thanks MKEgal but my problem was that I ate too much starch and not enough protein and I didn't balance anything. So I had to stop. Haha.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Thanks MKEgal but my problem was that I ate too much starch and not enough protein and I didn't balance anything. So I had to stop. Haha.

Ha, same thing happened to me. It's surprising how little effect being vegetarian has on reducing calories. Especially when you did the "fast food 6 days a week" diet like I did. :smile:
  • savanna541sa408
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »

Ha, same thing happened to me. It's surprising how little effect being vegetarian has on reducing calories. Especially when you did the "fast food 6 days a week" diet like I did. :smile:

Indeed, Indeed (: