When Did You Start to See Results?

Options
Just curious of when you personally started to notice a change with your body. I've heard everything from 2 weeks to 2 months. I know everyone's body is different, but I'd like to get an idea of when it is people generally start to notice! Also feel free to add me, I'm new and would love motivation buddies :smile:

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 20 down (from 235) and I can't see it though others can. Clothing is looser too.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I noticed within the first week or two. I just had the first person who wasn't me notice yesterday, or at least the first person to say something. I've been at it seriously for about six weeks now.
  • kbxiii
    kbxiii Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I see it in 20 lbs increments..
    After 160, in 10 lbs increments..
  • crewbprice
    crewbprice Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I saw it after about 10 lb loss, some other people see it, some don't.
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I noticed after the first week. My jeans were a little more loose.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    After I'd lost like 20 lbs I started to notice, for everyone else it was at 28 lbs I started getting comments.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    6 weeks ... after losing approx. 15 lb.
  • tampated
    tampated Posts: 4
    Options
    I Caan usually tell by my clothes
  • momma2ZKL
    momma2ZKL Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I take pictures at the end of each month and it was very noticeable by the end of the first month.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    It can be a mental block. 30 lbs. down, I've had to buy jeans two sizes smaller and my shirts all look like maternity shirts, but I still don't feel like I look any smaller yet.

As far as when I realized my shirts and pants were getting bigger, probably at about 20 lbs.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have lost 74.4lbs. I started as obese and my eating habits were so atrocious that as soon as I started eating differently I felt a big change.
    People started noticing at around 20lbs lost. I'm 5'10 though so it takes bigger loses to show.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I started noticing at ten pounds, but others didn't until 20 pounds, and some still don't at 23. I have to remind myself that just because I'm starting to fit into former fat clothes that I outgrew does NOT mean I am now skinny and can quit, hah!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    It will take 4 weeks for you to notice. 8 weeks until your family notices, 12 weeks for close friends to notice and 16 weeks for acquaintances to notice. I have been on this for 12 weeks and so far only 3 people have noticed.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Funny thing is that a week later, and another 2 lb down ... and when I look at myself in the mirror, I see me as heavier again. Must be what I'm wearing today.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    First couple weeks after losing 4-5 pounds probably. I started at 163/165 at 5'4"
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Funny thing is that a week later, and another 2 lb down ... and when I look at myself in the mirror, I see me as heavier again. Must be what I'm wearing today.

This happened to me today. I was trying to get progress pics to have my body fat estimated in the "eat, train, progress" group and I was like...oh no. I even looked back and compared the pictures to months and months ago and thought I did not look as good. I don't know. I will pretend it didn't happen.