When to weigh yourself

Options
Hey people

I'm new to this. Not just to this website, but to the whole experience. I never watched what I ate. Never watched how much I should eat, and never really cared until recently when I realized that my belly gets home 2 minutes before I do. My question is when is the best time to weigh yourself for progress/tracking report? (In the morning, before I eat, once a week, etc...) Thanks folks...

Joe

Replies

• mugz28sc
    Options
    Hey people

I'm new to this. Not just to this website, but to the whole experience. I never watched what I ate. Never watched how much I should eat, and never really cared until recently when I realized that my belly gets home 2 minutes before I do. My question is when is the best time to weigh yourself for progress/tracking report? (In the morning, before I eat, once a week, etc...) Thanks folks...

Joe
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    The best time to weigh yourself is in the mornings naked!!! Try and make it the same time every time you weigh...And its best to weigh One day a week not every day!!!!!!

Hope this help...And good luck on the NEW YOU!!!!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Yep, defintely in the morning after you pee and before you eat. Weigh in no more than once or twice a week on designated days.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think the consensus is 1st thing in the morning, before food or water and after potty break.

Naked or nearly...and hold in your stomach

Ok, only kidding on the stomach thing....but you get the picture!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh yeah and ALWAYS at the same time.
  • mugz28sc
    Options
    Wow!! Thanks peeps for the answer...I'm really overwhelmed by the quick response time to my question.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Wow!! Thanks peeps for the answer...I'm really overwhelmed by the quick response time to my question.

it helps when you have a sexy picture:blushing:

Seriously tho, you will find the Bestest ppl on MFP!!

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • nicolet04
    Options
    welcome....this is a great sight!! good luck!!!:drinker:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    welcome welcome!

just as long as you make sure its consistent, it doesn't really matter when you weigh.
    I weigh everyday...a few times a day, but I just like to keep tabs on what I'm doing.
    It's also a little obsessive.

I'd say once a week, as I try to cut back.

Good luck!!:bigsmile:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Like the rest is saying after you go to the bathroom, same time, naked.

Welcome and enjoy this site, it is AMAZING!

Good Luck and ask whatever you need!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone, but, if you feel you need to weigh in more than once/twice a week do it!

I weigh in everyday, and the way people talk I felt like I was doing something bad, and gave up the scale for a week. Lemme tell you, it was awful! From day to day I was no longer accountable, because "hey, I'm not weighing myself tomorrow". Plus, what if I had a small weight loss from Monday to Monday? It'd CRUSH me. But, if I weigh myself everyday, I see the normal fluctuations and I can know how I am doing. It never hurt me, or made me upset if I weight more one day, but if it was after a whole week I'd totally freak out.

Just my $.02
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    ditto on the weighing everyday. some may think it's a little obsessive, but it keeps me more accountable. if i see the scale going up a couple pounds, I know I need to watch what I'm eating a little closer and maybe exercise a little more!!!