Rumbling Tummy

Options
Rae9911
Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
Does anyone else find that between breakfast and lunch their tummy rumbles. I had my cereal at breakfast (8am) and its only 10.30am and my stomach is rumbling like mad. I am drinking water regularly to shut it up but its not working and I don't want to eat my lunch yet as I will be starving by the time I have my evening meal at 6pm. I just can't afford the calories for snacks during the day as every evening I sit down with hubby and kids for family tea and don't want to be cooking different meals. Any suggestions for breakfast instead of cereal that may keep me full up longer as the weetabix or cornflakes are not working :sad:

Replies

• widgitwoo
    widgitwoo Posts: 19
    Options
    try porrige for breakfast, that is always quite filling, as a snack, try some celery or carrot sticks, very low in calories so probably wont affect your calorie allowence too much :)
  • Nottm1984
    Nottm1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oats/porridge usually works for me, you can sprinkle blueberries or something on top too. They're are a few varieties that you can just pop in the microwave, so you're not having to faff around for ages. Also, snacks such as carrot sticks, satsumas or an apple midmorning are good for staving off a rumbling stomach.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    oats works for me.

Also Eggs.......... Scrambled etc.

do you have the same thing in the afternoon?

I tend to eat more for breakfast, about 400 cals of my 1600, to make sure i have the best start to the day
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I fond that whether I eat breakfast or not I'm equally hungry by 10.30. When I'm organised enough, a bring breakfast as well as my lunch to eat at work. It doesn't have to be "breakfast food". Yesterday I had a sandwich at 10.30 and a salad at 12.30, didn't go over my calories and wasn't hungry. Good luck!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    how about oatmeal, and take fruits with you; chew gum:bigsmile:
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone will try the porridge and see what happens,

Lee the funny thing is the afternoon I don't notice it at all, but that could be because I have finished work and rushing around picking the kids up from school, shopping and organising tea. But I might also give the scrambled eggs a go as I do like them.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I grate a carrot (7inch) and add to my porridge (cook it together) - the other one is to add some pumpkin (about 1/3rd cup) to the porridge once I have cooked it.... bulks up breakfast and is actually really yummy

Recipes here:

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-pumpkin-pie-oatmeal/
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-carrot-cake-oatmeal/
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/oatmeal-recipes/
  • jennlco
    jennlco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I always eat a filling breakfast like oats or eggs on toast - and always need to snack before lunch time. So I take fruit to work. I never chew gum (have read its very unhealthy for you and wasnt something I ever did anyways)... I eat around 5 times per day as my body needs it. Just always eat healthy and you will feel better!
  • tassles
    tassles Posts: 172
    Options
    oats are great for me too....I also try to hold off on my morning coffee until 10am which i find will keep me going till lunchtime.