Hi All...

Options
I have been a dieter for as long as I can remember. My highest weight was 273 and on 5'4" lets just say.. I did NOT feel pretty.

I was big on low carbing a few years back. Atkins worked well for me for years. I was happy and healthy and strong and went from a size 24 to a size 10. Then life...travel.. job loss.. job changes.. relationship.. life priorities changed for me and I was no longer consistent with my diet and exercise. And of course.. the scale started creeping up. Well, I am back to a size 14 and realize I need help with this. Atkins no longer works for my lifestyle. I have tried..

So .. here I am. For some support.. for some accountability.. some guidance..

I realize my goals are higher then some here but for me when I was a healthy and strong size 10 I felt good in my own skin. I don't need perfection.. I just want to feel good about my body again!

Lisa

Replies

• hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! this site is so helpful and amazing! Please feel free to add me for additional support if you would like!
  • LisaRose54
    LisaRose54 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa: Welcome and please feel free to add me as a friend. I tried Atkins in the past also, and it worked. However, it didn't last in the long run and hard to maintain lifestyle eating that way. I think you'll like this site....seems easy to use so far. I'm new too. My goal is to be a size 10 also. I'm currently a 14, and hate it. Arrgh. Size 10 is around the corner, so let's do this!!!!:smile:

Lisa
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I feel like we are in a club of the size 14's wanting to get to a size 10 because right now that is my goal as well. I haven't seen a size 10 for about 10 years. What's nice about this site is the great support. I also like the food diary. It is amazing after tracking for one day how many calories I was ingesting and not even knowing it! I believe the key to any weight loss isn't a pill or crazy diet, it is support and accountability. It is also making healthier choices, watching the portion size, exercising and drinking water. I have only just began my journey 10 days or so ago but am already feeling better and I am confident that I can make it to my goal. I know you will do the same!! Good luck!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    Thank you all for your visits and kind words!
  • DrAlbin
    DrAlbin Posts: 25
    Options
    Atkins also worked for me in the past, And i totally agree this time around, it wasn't fitting into my lifestyle real well. So far this site has worked well for me. Slower than Atkins, but still works.
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    When my diet stops working... I shall adapt!