ARTICHOKE!!!!

Options
1111renee
1111renee Posts: 108 Member
BOUGHT SOME FRESH ARTICHOKE..........i WANT TO STEAM THEM FOR A FUN HEALTHY SNACK....ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR DIP THAT WON'T KILL THE DIET? ANY IDEAS ARE APPRECIATED :)

Replies

• sitstaygimmeeakiss
    sitstaygimmeeakiss Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am insane about artichokes - bought a huge bunch for myself for Christmas Eve, lol - no one else in my family loves them like me, so I figured it was *my* treat. I don't, however, use any sort of dip. Plain is delish! Another fav way of mine is stuffing them w/seasoned Italian breadcrumbs before steaming, but that will add more calories & carbs (unless you can figure it into your daily intake).
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    use a base of greek yogurt. tsatiki sauce is awesome!
  • sitstaygimmeeakiss
    sitstaygimmeeakiss Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like the Greek yogurt idea! Could season the yogurt w/garlic & other seasonings. Mmm...
  • aliadeta
    aliadeta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well personally, I use earth balance to dip it in because its vegan. Check out the nutritional value through. Cholesterol free(cuz its vegan) and i bet a lot lower in fat and other bad stuff than most butters and margarine- i dunno if you're just counting calories through.
  • lizzycomp
    lizzycomp Posts: 64
    Options
    I dip the leaves and center in a simple vinegarette.... Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, Salt & Pepper to taste.