• FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @CodeMonkey78 - Love that you got in a run with your daughter! Those are the best!! Also love your profile picture!
    Thanks Shana! My daughter told me that she "wanted to race with daddy", so I am teaching her to run. Slow interval running with her is like earning a new PR everyday! :smiley:
    So awesome!
    4leighbee wrote: »
    4leighbee wrote: »
    ...I would have gone longer but my boss called me needing something and knew I was out for a run (oops). That was at mile 4 and I probably should have just turned around and headed home then. Oh well ;) I keep telling myself I need to stop doing this running longer than planned thing, doesn't seem to help. Is there such thing as Runners Anonymous? Hi - my name is Shana and I am addicted to running... :smiley:

I have been trying to train my work peeps and my home peeps for years: I am a better, nicer, friendlier and more productive person when I run. They all seem to get it now. If we could just switch the hours around so that 7.5 is running and 1.0 is working, all will be well. ;)

LOL I used to work 7:30 to 4:30 with an hour lunch, now with running I work 8:30 - 4:30 with no lunch! My boss said he could tell when my runs were getting longer because I started to come in later and later. I finally said should I change my hours to 8:30, she said you do whatever you want it's all good with me. Hey work, stop interfering in my personal life.
    I'll add to that - personal life (aka family), stop guilting me to stop running! LOL ... It's all about the run and yet, sadly, isn't ...
    I have to say my boss is actually pretty cool about it. He knows when we are busy or things are needed that I am totally on top of it. He also used me as an example to his wife for getting in shape - pretty sure he told her "if she can do it, surely you can" :smiley: and she is doing it now!
    My husband has given up on me as far as running and working out is concerned. He used to be concerned I would hurt myself running and I think now he is concerned what/who I might hurt if I don't run. My daughter, although she doesn't live at home is my biggest cheerleader and is always encouraging me.

@Timby1 - That is exactly how it works...'they' invade your body and get you addicted to running :)
    @skippygirlsmom - If the Princess run is anything like the Star Wars run, she will have an awesome time. I just couldn't bring myself to stop and wait in line to take pictures with the characters mid-run.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

I have to say my boss is actually pretty cool about it. He knows when we are busy or things are needed that I am totally on top of it. He also used me as an example to his wife for getting in shape - pretty sure he told her "if she can do it, surely you can" :smiley: and she is doing it now!
    My husband has given up on me as far as running and working out is concerned. He used to be concerned I would hurt myself running and I think now he is concerned what/who I might hurt if I don't run. My daughter, although she doesn't live at home is my biggest cheerleader and is always encouraging me.

@skippygirlsmom - If the Princess run is anything like the Star Wars run, she will have an awesome time. I just couldn't bring myself to stop and wait in line to take pictures with the characters mid-run.

Your boss sounds like mine. I said the same thing about stopping, then again she'll be so far ahead of me she'll have plenty of time LOL She just wants a cool medal, the girl likes her bling.

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    1 - 12mi, intervals
    2 - 6mi, easy
    3 - 8mi, easy w/strides
    4 - 10mi, easy
    5 - 20mi, long run
    6 - 5mi, easy
    7 - 7mi, intervals

2x 1mi, 7:40, 7:30

Total: 68mi

April goal: ~180mi

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    April 1 - rest
    April 2- 6.01 miles
    April 3- 5.15 miles
    April 4 - 34 mile bike ride
    April 5 - 20 mile bike ride - hilly ride.
    April 6 - 6.01 miles
    April 7 - Weight Training

exercise.png

@shanaber - my husband sounds similar to yours. He keeps telling me I should take rest days, and I am overdoing it, but when we went away and I couldn't run for two days in a row, he realized... uh oh... maybe it would be better if I did run. How is it possible I got to this age and never realized how great running is!?

@skippygirlsmom - The Princess run sounds great! My future Daughter-in-law did it this year. I may try to sign up too! :smiley:
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    75 miles again for me, but this time I'm only counting the miles I run. Walking miles are just a bonus.

exercise.png
    4/1 - 3 miles - total: 3 miles
    4/3 - 4 miles - total: 7 miles
    4/6 - 7.5 miles - total 14.5 miles
    4/7 - 7 miles - total 21.5 miles

• lawsonan
    lawsonan Posts: 7 Member
    Options

exercise.png

First 2KM done.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    1--- 8mi
    2--- 8mi
    3--- 20mi
    4--- 6 mi
    5--- 12mi --- Week total: 66.3 miles
    6--- Rest day
    7--- 14mi

Total: 68 miles

Goal: 250 miles
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »

@skippygirlsmom - The Princess run sounds great! My future Daughter-in-law did it this year. I may try to sign up too! :smiley:

That would be awesome!

• corinne0805
    corinne0805 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Got another 3 in today:

exercise.png
  • nulife9727
    Options
    exercise.png

4/1 - 4.0
    4/2 - 3.2
    4/3 - 3.15 (treadmill)
    4/6 - 3.65
    4/7 - 4.0
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Good 5 mile run today.

exercise.png
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Easy 5 miles today, although it was pretty hot, humid, and sweaty.

4/1 - 8 miles
    4/2 - 5 miles
    4/4 - 8 miles
    4/5 - 20 miles
    4/7 - 5 miles

Total: 46 miles
    Goal: 145 miles
    Remaining: 99 miles (of running to do, 99 miles to run, pace one down, ramble around, 98 miles of running to do...)
  • johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    April 1 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    April 2 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    April 3rd, 4th, and 5th - Travel/Rest
    April 6 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    April 7 - 3.1 miles (5k)

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Disney definitely knows how to do medals!
    @ddmom0811 - I know right. All those years I could have saved so much on doctors bills for stress related 'issues' when all I need was a few runs!
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    4k7z3hhwj5zr.jpg
    ^^^^Exactly!

Date.......Miles......Total
    04/01.....4.07.......4.07 - +2 mile walk
    04/02.....5.20.......9.27 - + Strength Training
    04/03.....6.48.....15.75
    04/04...13.10.....28.85
    04/05.....0.00.....28.85 - Rest - 3 mile walk on the beach
    04/06.....7.20.....36.05 - + Agility
    04/07.....6.24.....42.29 - + Strength Training

exercise.png

I forgot to include agility training yesterday - it went 90 minutes instead of our usual 60 and left me exhausted. Even the pup was tired which is a good thing.
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    4/1 - 3.44 miles
    4/3 - 5 miles
    4/4 - 5 miles
    4/6 - 4 miles
    4/8 - 3 miles

yuck - 33 and raining this morning.

exercise.png[\img]
  • rnjcb
    rnjcb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Hi all. I never posted my results from the Half Marathon I did this past Saturday. I took it a little easy so I am ready for my next one coming up on Sunday that I really want to PR on. 2 down and 2 to go!

@stoshew71 What is after Bridgestreet?

Peach Jam Half Marathon in Cummings Georgia.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    akirkman86 wrote: »
    @stoshew71 way to go on the marathon! I can only dream of being that fast!

Thanks. It was only a half and I also thought that I could only dream to go that fast. But you be surprised what consistent and dedicated training does in a very short period of time. Challenges and the comarade of people in this forum make it easier to stay motivated day after day.