I NEED SMOOTHIE and PROTEIN ideas!

Options
I would like to start drinking more protein smoothies as pre and post workout "snacks." BUT first off, protein powder is expensive and if I'm gonna buy it, I want it to be good. I kinda want to go with Quest but i'm not sure yet, because it's pretty pricey. I also don't know what I would like to put in a smoothie?? I need recipe ideas, maybe some that don't NEED protein powder but still have a lot of nutritional value? And it has to taste good of course. :)

Thanks!!

Replies

• cmfaust859
    Options
    I really like MRM natural whey. It's not too expensive, and it blends really well in my smoothie. I usually do 1 scoop of protein powder, 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, a cup or so of frozen mixed fruit and some water.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Here's a screenshot of the smoothie I have most days for lunch. It'll probably need 2 pages to fit it all in!
    bu8yills7rya.png
  • Christine_72
    Options
    ty81nhiaewqs.png

The pro lean is the protein powder. 28g protein
  • Christine_72
    Options
    It might of been easier to direct you to my diary. It's public
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla whey protein isolate from vitamin world. I use a half scoop, a cup of yogurt, frozen fruit, a banana, and a tablespoon of chia seeds. That gives me 35 grams of protein. I use a little juice, but you can use whatever liquid you want.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    1 scoop protein powder, one ice cube, half frozen banana, 1 cup skim milk (sometimes water), 1/4 cup wheat bran (sometimes oatmeal flakes). Blend.
  • robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My go to smoothie is:

3 tbsp PB2
    2 cups spinach
    handful frozen berries
    1 banana
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    cinnamon!

It's amaaazing. I never get tired of it. I have it almost every morning, and it keeps me full and satisfied. I'm looking for a protein powder to add to it... but I need one that doesn't have fake sugar! I'm very sensitive. Even stevia gives me a bit of a headache. And hopefully it won't taste like poo -- I love my smoothies and want to continue loving them!

Any ideas for protein powders without fake sugar, MFP?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    My go to smoothie is:

3 tbsp PB2
    2 cups spinach
    handful frozen berries
    1 banana
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk

Any ideas for protein powders without fake sugar, MFP?

Your smoothie sounds delish :smile: I can't give you any recommendations. I use an Aussie brand.
    But you can get flavourless protein powders. Which may be less inclined to use sugar, fake or real? ?
    I couldn't even tell you what my protein powder tastes like. All I know is it's chocolate lol I add so many other ingredients that if the powder tastes bad they'd cover it up anyway :tongue:
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I use Protein World Slenderblend banana or strawberry flavour ... it's quite pricey but really nice! I mix it with kale, almond milk, spirulina and blueberries. It tastes AMAZING!!