PB2

Options
Have you tried it? Do you like it?

Replies

• nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    yeah, I do like it. Not quite real peanut butter.. but worth it to save on the cals! ;) Waaay better than "Better n' peanut Butter" Ironic... I know. ;)
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've used it to make a yummy low fat pie--but nothing else. A coworker introduced me to it and she uses it for all sorts of things but I haven't made anything but the pie yet.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i have some not quite the real thing but as close ill get ..... .:)
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. Is that what it is really called? Who makes it? Thanks.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love it! I first ordered the $3.99 sample to try. It's delicious. Reconstitute with water, fat free milk, soy milk, anything you choose or use dry powder. Serve with fruit, crackers, toast, celery, or mix into smoothies. Can also be used in recipies...like thai peanut sauce, thai chicken, etc. I just ordered a four pack of 6.5 oz jars! I can't wait to get them in and start experimenting!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. Is that what it is really called? Who makes it? Thanks.

It's made by Bell Plantation. www.bellplantation.com

It is peanuts crushed into a dry concentrated powder in such a manner that the majority of the oil is removed, making it significantly lower in calories and fat. The powder is then reconstituted with liquid (water, milk, etc.) to make a delicious peanut buttery paste. =)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This is really good mix into my morning oatmeal! I also use a dip for apple slices.
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love it! I've never made it as a spread though- I stir the powder straight into Greek yogurt and add banana slices and a crumbled chocolate Vita muffin or steamed butter nut squash cubes, So good!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I love it! Found it cheaper on netrition.com than on the bellplanton.com website
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yup, LOVE IT! I add it to everything!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I love it! Particularly the chocolate one. I like to mix with water and sprinkle in some pistachio nuts for crunch. it is a nice reasonable calorie treat with much of the fat of peanut butter removed.
  • hollykmckinney
    Options
    I love it! Particularly the chocolate one. I like to mix with water and sprinkle in some pistachio nuts for crunch. it is a nice reasonable calorie treat with much of the fat of peanut butter removed.

That sounds like a yummy way to try it. Thanks!
  • sweat2live
    sweat2live Posts: 18
    Options
    It's a great alternative to the real thing, once you get used to the consistency. I'm a fan.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It tastes like Natural PB but w/o all the difficulty spreading.

Often it's $6 a jar (or I've seen $3 + shipping online - not from the official site) so that's a bummer.

I don't get enough fat in my diet so I've started eating regular PB&J sandwiches for lunch and am feeling must better, fuller and it's so easy and cheap - yay deals!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    OMG I am in love with this stuff!!!!! Peanut butter is something that I crave all the time and I always had the hardest time not just grabbing a spoon and eating it by the spoonfuls lol. With PB2 you have to actually mix it, so you can't just eat it straight out of the jar, plus it's only 45 calories per serving instead of 180+. I like eating it with apples, mixing it with reduced sugar jelly and having a sandwich, and I know it's a little bit weird, but I add it (and cinnamon) to oatmeal and it's sooooooo good! It's also good with bananas. It does taste a little bit different, but it's kind of like when you first switch from regular pop to diet. After a few days it tastes normal and really good, but if you're really used to the real stuff it's going to taste off for a bit. There's more of a peanut taste and it's not as sweet as regular peanut butter. Oh, there's also a chocolate pb2, which is pretty good too.
    If you go to the website (sorry, I can't remember the name), but they'll show you if there's a store around where you live that sells it. There's 1 store in my city that does, and it's about $4.50 a jar, which is a bit more than regular pb, but IMO definitely worth it!
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    The chocalate one is much better. Its is great in shakes, on cottage cheese, in yogart, and even mixed as the instructions state.

My FAVORITE use for it is to make a spicy peanut terriyaki glaze for fish and chicken. SO GOOD!!!!
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    OMG I just got this in the mail today ( no stores around me carry this..) I wasn't expecting anything great, but it tastes so good! I got both the chocolate and regular, and both of them are good. Defiantly worth it!!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Bump to get the link later :)
  • michelleisgettinfit
    Options
    Sooooo yummy. Just got my jars today! Love the chocolate one. :)