Starving at night!

Options

Replies

• ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I love Intermittent Fasting!! I'm not hungry in the morning so I don't eat. My eating window opens up in the afternoon and I get to eat up until I fall asleep every night (if I want to!) It's a lovely concept, especially for night bingers :)

I feel the same way. My trainer told me that I NEED to eat bfast every morning, but Im just not hungry. I gave her way a shot for a week and I was hungry every night. miserable. I am switching back to my normal routine this week. No need to waste calories in the morning when I really need them at night. I dont want to live my life going to bed hungry every night, lol.
  • jilly30
    jilly30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Exactly!!! I almost feel like when I eat breakfast I starve all day!!! Lol
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    lifes too short to go to bed hungry. lol

I think I need to make that a bumper sticker!
  • jilly30
    Options
    I think that's a fantastic idea for a bumper sticker
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have this problem. It helps me to drink a big glass of water while I consume baby carrots and dill pickles. Anything low calorie with filling fiber would work the same and I look at that as a good opportunity to get more vegetables. Sometimes I eat a cup of baby spinach too. If none of that works I eat a little something more. (Like a yogurt or something with protein) This usually defeats those munchies.
  • jilly30
    Options
    I'll try that :smiley: TY
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I always have to leave myself 200 or 300 calories for a snack before bed or I find myself binge eating.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    i eat a huge bowl of popcorn each night between 9 and 10.

Only 240 calories ( 80 gr of un-popped popcorn) Nice when you want to eat a couple of hundred of something ;)
  • lrenaee
    lrenaee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm the most hungry at night and the least hungry in the morning, and I work swing shift so...I eat my "breakfast" between noon and 2pm, "lunch" around 5pm, and dinner after I get home from work around 10pm-11pm.
    Eating when breakfast when I wake up doesn't make me any less hungry come 10pm, so I just skip it and don't go over my calories or go to bed hungry.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I love Intermittent Fasting!! I'm not hungry in the morning so I don't eat. My eating window opens up in the afternoon and I get to eat up until I fall asleep every night (if I want to!) It's a lovely concept, especially for night bingers :)

Yup, this is pretty much what I do. I don't starting eating until around 11 a.m. or noon, and if I do eat before then, it's a very small amount. More like a snack. I save the majority of my calories for the evening, and I usually don't eat dinner until around 9 p.m. or sometimes 10 p.m. Then I go to bed within about an hour of supper. Don't fall for the myth that you have to stop eating so many hours before bed...not true unless you have issues with something like acid reflux. The time of day you eat does not matter. I've been eating right up until bed for about 7 months and have lost 80 pounds. So if you are less hungry at certain times of the day, eat a smaller meal, and save some of those calories for night time. That may help you.

• PAYNEMAKER
    PAYNEMAKER Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    jilly30 wrote: »
    I do excellent during the day but when night comes I'm thinking if food and starving! I'm taking in my proper calories throughout the day! This is so frustrating! any ideas or tips would be appreciated.
    I'd say add more protein..but you actually might need more good carbs as my wife would suggest
  • jilly30
    Options
    TY :smile:
  • jilly30
    Options
    A Big Thank you everyone :smiley:
  • BeautifulLoser1985
    BeautifulLoser1985 Posts: 21 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Me too... The only thing that has helped me is to plan out and log my entire day's worth of food beforehand... I try to do it the night before (when I'm on track with mfp ). Leaves me no guesswork and I know exactly what I can look forward to in the evenings! If I'm done my calories and still want to eat, and I can't control it, I will either have something really low calorie and healthy (which never fills the void, really...) or go to bed. I'm an emotional eater, and after a day with toddler twins/work, my nighttime hunger is definitely emotion based - feels like I deserve a reward, and that has always been food.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    The first calories I set aside each day are for my “snack(s)” after dinner. I knew from Day #1 that I would always want “something” at night…popcorn, WW snack, yogurt, Fiber Bar…something…so that is what I planned out.

Grant you, it was a nominal amount but 100-200 calories can translate to a lot of snacks!

Luigi's - Real Italian Ice - Lemon / Cherry - No Sugar Added , 1 cup (4 fl oz) (60 calories)

Jolly Time - Healthy Pop Butter Popcorn 100 Calorie Pack - Popped (Net Carbs), 1 bag (100 Calories)

Kellogg's Special K - Cracker Chips Baked Snacks - Sea Salt, 1 Packet (90 Calories)

Jello - Sugar Free, (5 Calories)

Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake, 54 g or 1 Cake (90 Calories)

Dannon - Light & Fit Carb & Sugar Control Vanilla Cream Yogurt, 4 oz. (45 Calories)

Fiber One - Lemon Bar 90 Cal, 1 bar (90 Calories)

Emerald 100 Cal Almonds - Natural Almonds 100 Calorie Pack, 17.5 g pack (100 Calories)

Dole - Pineapple Tidbits - No Sugar Added (Sweetened With Monk Fruit), 1 container (113g) (35 Calories)

Dreyers - Outshine Fruit Bar, (25 Calories)

73641431.png
  • rcaissie2012
    rcaissie2012 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I always found that either popcorn low in caps or frozen grapes also low in cal would be something I would save cals for each night and it would either curb my sweet tooth or my salty cravings
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options

Exactly what I do. It's a rare day that I want to eat before 2 pm (unless I'm PMSing). But I need to eat in the evening--changing my behavior in other ways, as other posters suggested, didn't work for me.
  • StephanieKTerranova
    StephanieKTerranova Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I always leave a snack for nighttime because I always get hungry. I usually eat a belt sander brownie with artic zero and a HUGE bowl of SF Jello a little while later. Doing that keeps me satisfied and curbs my late night sweet tooth. :)
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I used to do great through the day and then ruin all that hard work in the evening when I craved carbs and ended up going over my allotted calorie.

So now I plan ahead, and have smaller meals so I can leave about 30% of my calories for snacks. Half of those are usually eaten in the evening. The smaller meals are packed with protein and fruit and vegetables so that they fill me up.

Everyone gets hungry at different times. You can eat when you like. Just plan your day to suit your appetite. :)

(I try to leave dinner as late as I can too, so I don't get as hungry in the evenings, but with kids it's not always possible.)
  • jilly30
    Options
    TY everyone :smiley: changed up my meal times, so far so good!