30 day shred: knee pain

Options
Hey everyone I just finished day one! So far so good but my knees are killing me! Anyone else have this problem?? I'm 20 years old 176 lbs

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're doing too much too soon? Maybe your form is off? Check Youtube to learn the form for the exercises they do (squats, side lunges, etc).
    It's not good to work through joint pain, so ease up on the workouts until you're healed.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Watching a video to learn form is one thing. Execution is another. More than likely your form is off on squats and jumps.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • akkeri
    akkeri Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Make sure when you're squatting and jumping you're using the correct form. When I first started 30 day shred I went a bit 'ballistic' and didn't check my form in the mirror - a few weeks later I couldn't walk properly without pain (well that and feeling sad for my wallet too). Lesson learned :)
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Definitely take care of your knees. It's easy to go overboard in the first flash of enthusiasm. Injured my feet that way and have regretted it ever since.
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My knees hurt me a lot. I find that the pain is always around/under my kneecap. If that's the case for you, they make support bands specifically for kneecap pain. There are different brands. It helps me a lot.
  • softballgirl712
    softballgirl712 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fixing my form did help a good bit. I ended up switching to another program because of how fast it moves, it was hard to focus on my form. Thanks so much everyone!