I became the chubby one...

Options
I am the third of five children. All of my sisters and brothers have high metabolism and they have fabulous bodies!!! I got stuck with the left over genes. I'm am trying my best to maintain a healthy weight and get in shape. I tend to lose focus and motivation some days. All encouraging words are welcome... I am at my heaviest weight without being pregnant and I feel disgusted. So here I am with new found confidence and I'm ready to kick fats butt!!!

Replies

• weightapp15
    weightapp15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The beautiful thing is that you have started and remember everyday is a new day!!!
  • weightapp15
    weightapp15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You don't have to stay the chubby one!!! I have decided to make the best choices for myself daily and you choose to do the same! You are the only one that can make choices for yourself that will last!!! May you experience great success each day!!!
  • maxxi
    maxxi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! When I was younger I was the skinny one and my sister a lot bigger. Now roles have reversed and I'm way too overweight and my sister is probably skinnier than I was at my lowest weight :( feel free to add me, I am at the start of a long weight loss journey!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit and you'll lose. Go get it!
  • Eldee32
    Eldee32 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i can feel what you feel. though i dont have any brothers and sisters i feel the same when i see any fit lady. but we can do it. what we have to do is to control over our temptation and we will do it ....right ??? eat healthy, stay active and keep smiling. very soon we all will find our goal :D ..feel free to add me :)
  • Lorenab6
    Lorenab6 Posts: 2
    Options
    I let myself go after moving in with my bf last year. I was size 6 and called 'hottie'...then I did something stupid. I knew he liked bigger women (bare with me, this is how my insane brain works) and allowed myself to get to about a size 12-14 now just because I thought he would 'approve'. Now *I* disapprove and he says he loves me no matter what size I am. It's sweet and I'm lucky, I know...but I want the old me back; or as close to it as I can get. I feel horrible and don't think I look good at all anymore. I've killed my self esteem and need some help getting it back. Feel free to friend me...I can use all the support I can get and I'll be sure to do the same for you.
  • mirandadawn2
    mirandadawn2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same here! I have a twin brother who got ALL the skinny genes ;)
  • lcast89
    lcast89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Same here!My 3 older sisters are all skinny even after having kids.Here I am the chubby one..ESPECIALLY after having kids.

Just had a babay 2 weeks ago and having a hard time finding the motivation to lose weight again.
  • lcast89
    lcast89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ***Baby not babay.Sorry!
  • mom2carlo
    Options
    lcast89 wrote: »
    Same here!My 3 older sisters are all skinny even after having kids.Here I am the chubby one..ESPECIALLY after having kids.

Just had a babay 2 weeks ago and having a hard time finding the motivation to lose weight again.

Oh hun, cut yourself some slack! Eat clean and don't do too much while your body is healing. Two weeks is so new still. Savor the time with your tiny one, take easy walks and eat healthy. If you're breastfeeding, watch the junk food you might crave :) congrats
  • cbradley903
    cbradley903 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I understand the gene pool. Oldest out of 8 and I always have been the cubby one. Now here is they plan. Can you go in this journey with me? I have lost 40 lbs since December and want to get about that much more. I eat cleaner and workout a lot. At first I couldn't hardly get going now I dare anyone to stop me. We can do this and one day we can be the healthy one in the family :) my sister may be smaller but I don't smoke or live off junk food. I want this badly. If you do lets go. Add me as a friend. I will keep you motivated I have not missed a day on here for 94 days now.
  • nqpowell
    nqpowell Posts: 7
    Options
    The beautiful thing is that you have started and remember everyday is a new day!!!
    Thanks and I tend to stick to it. Just need the motivation to do so
  • nqpowell
    Options
    I understand the gene pool. Oldest out of 8 and I always have been the cubby one. Now here is they plan. Can you go in this journey with me? I have lost 40 lbs since December and want to get about that much more. I eat cleaner and workout a lot. At first I couldn't hardly get going now I dare anyone to stop me. We can do this and one day we can be the healthy one in the family :) my sister may be smaller but I don't smoke or live off junk food. I want this badly. If you do lets go. Add me as a friend. I will keep you motivated I have not missed a day on here for 94 days now.
    Awwww!!! Sweet!! Sorry so late in replying back... I didn't get the notification. I am willing to go above and beyond to lose the weight. I didn't know I had gotten this big.
  • nqpowell
    Options
    lcast89 wrote: »

Congrats on new baby. You can wait a while before you start to losing weight because of baby. After the first 3 get back out there. It's hard after the first year lol. I'm here (even tho we are on the same journey). Add me