please help. dieting and exercising but not losing

2»

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    jordistsm wrote: »
    I'm way heavier than either of you, and am NOT insulin resistant. If Op is at all concerned about this, he should see his doctor.

Honestly, until Op has his logging sorted, he should be focusing on CICO. Once he's got that sorted, then macros can come in to it.

Out of interest, what is your fasting insulin level or other statistic ? Such things are hard to come by in the UK.

I'm an intervention guy, typing numbers into a computer won't change the OP's lack of weight loss but less and different foods at least have a chance of doing so.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    yarwell wrote: »
    3. Use digital food scales to weigh everything except liquids, which you need to use measuring cups for.

Scales weigh liquids equally well, I wouldn't bother with "cups" but then I'm not American.

Scales weigh liquids? But liquids are ML. Not grams. Oz for liquids is not the same as oz for weight.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    My doctor has all the info from when a ****ton of tests were done, freaking hours of them, drinking horrible concoctions etc, copious amounts of blood drawn, weird machiny thingamabobs. I'm an accountant, I know numbers, I trust my doctor to know her *kitten* when she tells me I'm not insulin resistant.

Let's not derail the thread, I appreciate your ideas, and I'm sure Op does too, but can we get him walking before trying out the marathon? Until his logging is sorted out, there's no point starting to look at various macros, it's just going to complicate matters, and possibly end up making Op feel a bit out of control. One step at a time :smile:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015

I'm an intervention guy, typing numbers into a computer won't change the OP's lack of weight loss but less and different foods at least have a chance of doing so.

It will because he will then choose to eat an approrpriate amount based on those numbers. At the moment he believes he is eating less than he actually is. He needs to be in a calorific deficit.

Yarwell do you weigh and log your food? If so why do you do it if you dont believe in it or find it useful?
  • Lozibeth
    Lozibeth Posts: 47 Member
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    3. Use digital food scales to weigh everything except liquids, which you need to use measuring cups for.

Scales weigh liquids equally well, I wouldn't bother with "cups" but then I'm not American.

Scales weigh liquids? But liquids are ML. Not grams. Oz for liquids is not the same as oz for weight.

On my scales you can change the unit from grams to ml...however I think this only works for measuring water as other liquids might have a higher density? I tend to use a measuring jug to be sure.

• wgrundle
    wgrundle Posts: 4
    Thanks guys for taking such an intrest quite supprised with all the help. When my dates are blank or incomplete those are the days i work. My wife packs my launches for my 12 hour day and i put in what i can. She asures me it was well within my 1500 to 2000 cals. As she cooks everything from scratch. (Ex chef). But your right i should make more of an effort. When ever i search the database i always go for the higher cal option. Eg the granola was with skimmed mild not semi skimmed. So my plan is write everything down. Its just that even if its wrong by lets say 15% with the amount of exercise ive been doing. I would of thought of some kinda weight loss