The struggle

Options
Mzathenagot
Mzathenagot Posts: 59 Member
Hello Everyone,
My name is Harmony. I posted in a forum earlier about how I was becoming discourage because I wasn't seeing results on the scale. It wasn't until 4 weeks ago that I started to take my health serious by eating clean and working out. I still struggle from time to time but for the most part, eating clean is slowing become my lifestyle. I've have only lost 2 pounds and that was very discouraging because my goal is to lose 30 Pounds. I avoided taking progress pictures out of fear of being disappointed. Today I gathered up enough courage to take some pictures and I am proud to say I am seeing results!!! So my encouragement today is to keep working hard and not to depend on the scale as motivation to keep going. 0rdi0slteg0h.jpg

Replies

• Mzathenagot
    Options
    P.s. I meant to put 4 not 3
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see it! Keep up the good work!
  • MuayThaiMaMa1
    MuayThaiMaMa1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I see the difference!!! Great work keep it going!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    If you have lost 2 lbs out of 30 you have already lost 1/15th of the weight you need off, or about 7%!

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Definitely see changes! It's hard to not want to check all the time when you feel like things are changing....but it's exciting to wait until a month goes by because you can account for all sorts of ups and downs that happen per week. As for the scale....the only time I get on a scale is at the doctor's office. Years ago I focused on it once per week and it would ruin my day. I don't even do it anymore unless I'm doing a check-in with my former trainer. I like to know that I'm still maintaining w/my goals.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Mzathenagot
    Options
    Thank you all!!! :)
  • BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    you can definitely see the difference. keep it up!
  • zenamhussain23
    Options
    Defo can see the changes keep it up hun
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is and should be a slow process! 2 pounds over 4 weeks is right in a healthy range per week! Great job!
  • healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Bye bye tummy! Are you taking your measurements? That is another way to see that you are making progress even if the scale is not cooperating. It looks like you have lost at least 2 inches (probably more) in your waist!

Keep up the great work! :)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done! :)
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I see the difference! Keep up the great work!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    keep going good work!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Great job! And that is about a lb a week which isgood. I kknow we want it off like..yesterday! But it took time to put on and it takes time to come off! I know I get frustrated and discouraged too bc it feels like molasses coming off but take heart and know this you will be fitting a size youve been dreaming of very soon! And the scale cannot prep you for that! And it feels awesome to slide into something you think would not fit! Congrats on your success so far!
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep going!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Good work! Don't expect instance results. I've been at this almost a year and have lost 27 lbs... and I'm very happy with that loss. I still want to lose another 10 and if it takes another 6 months to do so, it's fine because I'm not on a diet. Rather, I'm working at changing my eating and exercise habits so that when I reach my healthy weight, I won't just start to gain pounds back again because I am done "dieting". Changing habits doesn't happen in a couple weeks or even a couple months. This takes time.
  • socalkay
    Options
    Good work! Don't expect instance results. I've been at this almost a year and have lost 27 lbs... and I'm very happy with that loss. I still want to lose another 10 and if it takes another 6 months to do so, it's fine because I'm not on a diet. Rather, I'm working at changing my eating and exercise habits so that when I reach my healthy weight, I won't just start to gain pounds back again because I am done "dieting". Changing habits doesn't happen in a couple weeks or even a couple months. This takes time.
  • socalkay
    Options
  • mskayloveb
    mskayloveb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good to know (about the scale)..just started today and I'm realizing I should take a "now" pic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!