Desperate

Options
Hi everyone!!! I'm a teenager, aged 18 a student (: I succumbed to anorexia 2 years ago but after I recovered I gained back all that weight and more so now I'm kinda overweight... I told myself that it was okay to eat as much as I wanted cause it was brain fuel?!?!?! So now I'm trying to switch from that mindset and NOT eat while I study. I really need someone to keep me accountable (pleaseeee?) so I don't fall back into the carb trap. I could just carry on eating carbs FOR THE WHOLE DAY. literally. They are so addictive and you never get full on them gosh. Right now my diet consists of only fruits, veggies and lean protein. I don't exercise very often sadly cause now I have stepped down from dance but I do try short workouts at home/go running once in a while!!!

Replies

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'd suggest going to speak to a Health Professional as by your post it's obvious you are still struggling with psychological issues around your illness. Good Luck
  • GypsyByTheSea
    GypsyByTheSea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You are a very young woman, but your thought processes around food seem a little skewed. I agree that you should talk to someone who can help you sort out all your ideas about food. Do it now, so that you're not 40 and still dealing with all this. Best of luck.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you are experiencing food as addictive and feeling like you could eat consistently despite not being actually hungry, it sounds like your ED is still a factor, just maybe in a different form. Can you reconnect with your treatment team?

The peer accountability and tools here are not a substitute for professional help.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It is best to know how many calories you need throughout the day and stick to that plan. It doesn't matter whether you eat those calories while you are studying or not. You certainly can, if you like, but it doesn't improve your studying to eat while you are studying, no matter how good the food is for your brain.