Sloath ...

Options
Boolost1
Boolost1 Posts: 44 Member
Can anyone tell me how to loose them love handles and back fat and lift the bum up a bit.... these are so hard areas to loose ebsides the stomache and the last to go... any ideas would be great

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit. Anything else is either a scam or just plain wrong.
  • Boolost1
    Options
    hahahha thanks
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    For loads of us that is a problem area and you cannot spot reduce fat either.

What I have noticed in others, is that the top 4 abs start to show some definition as you shed the weight, the last part will be the lower abs / love handle area

This will require a deficit, lowering your over all body fat %

No gimmicks, scams or otherwise.
  • Boolost1
    Options
    hi thanks for the advice, i find that i have really skinny arms and when i put weight on i guess its just the belly the love handles and the bum drops hahah.
    I currently am doing the slimfast diet but struggling with hunger pangs and am at a 1200 calorie per day... its torture.I think it feels worse as everything else shrinks but thats the last to go .....
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Boolost1 wrote: »
    hi thanks for the advice, i find that i have really skinny arms and when i put weight on i guess its just the belly the love handles and the bum drops hahah.
    I currently am doing the slimfast diet but struggling with hunger pangs and am at a 1200 calorie per day... its torture.I think it feels worse as everything else shrinks but thats the last to go .....

Join the crowd. I wish I could "will" the fat away...and praying does not help either..LOL

The fat will go away when it is good and ready so just be committed to your calorie deficit and any exercise you may be doing... :)
  • Boolost1
    Options
    :'( yes thats the bad part when its good and ready... lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

In that case try increasing your calorie goal. 1200 isn't necessary for most people. You'll lose more slowly but you'll likely be happier. Also I wouldn't think slimfast shakes would be very filling.

ETA: I agree that spot reduction is impossible, but if you want a lifted rear end you'll benefit from strength training while you lose weight. That will allow you to keep your muscle while you lose the fat, and you'll end up with a tighter, fitter look when you reach your goal weight.
  • Boolost1
    Options
    Hi what kind of strength training would you recommend for that area, and thanks for the advice
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I personally recommend a beginner barbell program that focuses on compound lifts. Starting Strength is good. Strong Curves specifically focuses on glutes.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and lift heavy weights
  • Boolost1
    Options
    Hi thanks for messaging back I do do lunges with weights but not as often as i should and I do not have that much upper body power to lift heavy weights, its ridiculous really but i suppose I could try to start on the heaviest i get and then build up slowly.

thanks !!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about your subject heading. What is "sloath"?
  • Boolost1
    Options
    hahaha well my husnabd said I remind him of that sloath on the new settee Tv advert, where its kinda sloughed there with skinny arms and big belly!!!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    lift weights and donkey kicks for the butt.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    hahaha well my husnabd said I remind him of that sloath on the new settee Tv advert, where its kinda sloughed there with skinny arms and big belly!!!

Sloth?
  • Boolost1
    Options
    It's a slow animal that lives in the trees and just does everything slowly...think the advert is dfs