Low impact but effective exercise videos/articles I can do at home.

I lost 60 lbs when I got a herniated disk in my cervical 5-6. I had to have surgery and it's been a slow recovery unfortunately. I was never really great at high intensity workouts prior to weight loss and surgery but exercise was very helpful in my weight loss. I am looking for modified workouts and low impact exercises that I can do at home. Any materials, articles or videos would be extremely helpful. Thanks!!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member
    I've heard good things about Leslie Sansons Walk Away the Pounds videos. I do hear that they're better with the sound off and your own music :)
  • JMichellelee
    JMichellelee Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you! I will look her up :)
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    I agree Leslie Sansone's 5 Mega Miles video is a great work out video when I can't get outside. I only do mile 1, 3 & 5 and it's taken me a while to get up to but it's a great workout for me. I got it at Walmart for $10.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Jessica Smith on YouTube has some nice low impact workouts.

You can also just go on YouTube and look for "low impact cardio" or "quiet cardio" and see what you get.

Yoga and pilates would also be low impact, and would help with strength, flexibility, balance, and the like. For yoga, I like Yoga with Adriene (also on YouTube).
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    How about just walking and other body weight work? Dancing, a sport, hiking. Any progressive program will give you some results. May as well make them fun and valuable to your lifestyle.
  • JMichellelee
    JMichellelee Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you. My dvd recorder is not working right now so I have been streaming movies through amazon so jessica smith and the low impact search is probably great for me! I wanted to do the 30 walking challenge but it was to hard to devote daily just yet, still mending and found myself getting down on myself for not doing well that day. Thank so much! You all have been so helpful. It's great to know others out there care, good luck to all of you: )