Feeling disappointed

Options
i've been on this thing for 10 days stuck to my calories and no luck still did not gain good did not lose it frustrating I need help to talk to someone

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    10 days? You've got to be more patient. You didn't gain weight in 10 days. You're going to lose slowly.

And, since you're calorie counting: are you sure you're logging correctly? Correct portion sizes etc.?
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Lets look on the positive side.....you stuck with it for 10 days! Thats a start. You didnt lose but, you didnt gain either. Your body is adjusting. It didnt go on over night and it wont come off over night. Be patient and be consistent. If the plan isint working, change the plan but, never the goal. Are you feeling better? Small steps , day by day . It will happen....have faith!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and tracking all of your food? I have the most success when I keep my calories under 1200 (My MFP recommendation), and the majority of those calories come from lean proteins, vegetables, fruit, and healthy fats. And of course, drinking a lot of water. Weighing your food ensures that you are accurate in what you are tracking and that you really are staying under those calories.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    May i also suggest you fill in your profile....sometimes it helps to write out your story or your goals to see where you started and where you plan to be. What do you do for fitness?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    It takes longer than 10 days. Do it for 4-6 weeks then reevaluate whether it's working or not.
  • alexandriampratt
    Options
    You didn't gain it in a week, so you won't lose it in a week either :) keep your head up! You may not lose pounds but lose inches and tone up. If you need help to keep you going feel free to add me!
  • Jewelsnoh
    Jewelsnoh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Beverly,

I know how you feel. It seems so frustrating when you feel as though you've played by the rules and followed the program and then no reward. I think everyone can relate to that feeling. I was really doing well and had lost a few pounds and then last weekend my husband and I went away and I was out of my normal exercise routine and it wasn't as easy to count my calories. So here I am starting over, and that's ok. :)

I wrote in my journal last week that I was just so sick and tired of constantly thinking about every single thing that I put into my mouth and how I was going to fit in time to exercise in my very busy day. I'm sharing because I want you to know that you are not alone. This is difficult, there's no doubt about that. I sent you a friend request. Let's support each other!

Keep your chin up girl!

Best,
    Julie
  • beverlyschroeder64
    beverlyschroeder64 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    10 days? You've got to be more patient. You didn't gain weight in 10 days. You're going to lose slowly.

And, since you're calorie counting: are you sure you're logging correctly? Correct portion sizes etc.?
    Jewelsnoh wrote: »
    Beverly,

I know how you feel. It seems so frustrating when you feel as though you've played by the rules and followed the program and then no reward. I think everyone can relate to that feeling. I was really doing well and had lost a few pounds and then last weekend my husband and I went away and I was out of my normal exercise routine and it wasn't as easy to count my calories. So here I am starting over, and that's ok. :)

I wrote in my journal last week that I was just so sick and tired of constantly thinking about every single thing that I put into my mouth and how I was going to fit in time to exercise in my very busy day. I'm sharing because I want you to know that you are not alone. This is difficult, there's no doubt about that. I sent you a friend request. Let's support each other!

Keep your chin up girl!

Best,
    Julie

• beverlyschroeder64
    Options
    Hi thank you let me tell you little about myself I'm from Canada I'm 50 years old three children I'm doing healthcare aid which keeps me very active I'm trying to do this pace walkers with seems to be working well give me incentive to go outside and thanks for your help
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You have received good advice. You are however seeing a negative where there is a positive. You haven't lost ( negative), you haven't gained (positive!!!!). Give it a few more days and I bet the scales will suddenly change for the better.
    We expect the equation - if we do x and y then it will equal z- but it never happens! Our bodies will shed what it likes when it likes and sometimes it seems it suddenly drops lbs all at once even when you think it is stuck........
    Have faith in what you are doing, and keep at it! My two cents for what its worth; it is what I am telling myself - every day without a gain is progress in my book. :)
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Your at the right place to have friends that will keep you motivated..don't give up the battle!! Feel free to add me!
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    switch up your workout and diet. It only takes 7-9 days for your body to get into a routine. 19 days to develop a habit. Once your body is use to something, it's going to plateau. Switch things up!!
  • decendre
    decendre Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I totally understand because I've been there too. I'm without a thyroid and I've been on a rollercoster that nets 0 lbs lost. But, it's okay - I'm accountable and I've stuck it out. What's on the scale isnt always indicative of what's happening on the inside. Keep doing the work and the scale will catch up. Add me too!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi thank you let me tell you little about myself I'm from Canada I'm 50 years old three children I'm doing healthcare aid which keeps me very active I'm trying to do this pace walkers with seems to be working well give me incentive to go outside and thanks for your help

I'm 50 as well! It's a bit more challenging for me these days when I want to shift weight. Hormones etc. as well as a slower metabolism than when I was younger.

Good luck!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that it takes a lot of adjustment at the cellular level to go from fat storing to fat burning.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Use scales (if you need to) to weigh food. Don't use scales to weigh yourself. Go on how you feel, how you look in the mirror, clothes fitting better etc (loosing inches). There is no need to weigh yourself if you know you are taking in less calories than maintenance. It will just happen. I can eat a Chinese buffet and put on 5Lbs on the scale in one evening (water weight due to sodium). It does not mean I have put on 5lbs of fat. It's actually pretty hard to put on a lbs of fat, just as it's pretty hard to loose it. The scale will show all kind of weird fluctuations.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi Beverly, I agree with Sabine_, it is harder to lose as we age. You have taken that monumental first step toward your new life. And no one will tell you it is easy. We are all on this journey to better health. One thing that a MFP friend shared with me was the NSV - Non-Scale Victory! They make wonderful opportunities to pat yourself on the back and stick to your goal. For instance, you may notice your jeans are easier to zip, or you were able to turn down that second helping of mac and cheese without feeling deprived. Today, I noticed that I have to keep turning my watch face up so I can read it....WAIT, WHAT? This is a band that used to leave indents in my wrist, now it is spinning around freely! I would never have noticed those kind of changes without the support and encouragement of others. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • beverlyschroeder64
    Options
    Hello chamblisk. Thank you for the advice You just helped me today Thanks
    I'm from Winnipeg where are you ?
  • beverlyschroeder64
    Options
    Keep in mind that it takes a lot of adjustment at the cellular level to go from fat storing to fat burning.

I'm 50 as well! It's a bit more challenging for me these days when I want to shift weight. Hormones etc. as well as a slower metabolism than when I was younger.

Good luck!

Thank you very much. Where you from ?sabine
  • beverlyschroeder64
    Options

Sounds confusion.